Business to Business Customer Service Agent
Company: SYKES Enterprises
Posted on: November 17, 2019
Are you ready to join a global team of more than 55,000 amazing
SYKES team members who focus on serving and helping our customers
and each other?
You are taking the first step in creating what could be your
lifelong career, or maybe this is a step in your journey for the
next few years. Either way, you will gain valuable skills and work
experience that will help you become a better and more talented
At SYKES, we put our customers first and strive to ensure each and
every call provides a fantastic experience. We truly enjoy helping
people and know you do too!
This Customer Service Support job is responsible for providing
professional and courteous service to Small and Medium Business
Customers. The ability to anticipate customer needs and implement
solid service solutions derived from multiple information sources
is crucial to meeting and exceeding customer service
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer inbound customer requests or inquiries concerning
service, products, equipment and report problem areas.
- May be required to work in one or multiple systems and utilize
multiple screens to find information and solve problems.
- Triage, troubleshoot and resolve known service issues and
address routine customer questions.
- Examines complex problems to assist customers with appropriate
- Answers inquiries by researching, locating, and providing
- Analysis and diagnose problems.
- Courteous and able to demonstrate sensitivity to customer
- Speaks to customers with empathy and an understanding of
- Uses listening skills to ask probing questions, understand
concerns, and overcome objections.
- Continually maintain working knowledge of all client products
and customer's services.
- Develops rapport quickly to address customer questions in a
timely manner via email or phone.
- Providessupport to B2B customers.
- Communicates with team leaders, team members and other teams
regarding problems, solutions and trends.
- Must be flexible with schedule and willing to work any hours
required by business demand, 7 days a week.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED required. A college degree or 2 years of
technical work experience preferred. Six months to one year of
experience in a high volume, fast paced customer service or call
center environment, providing email and/or chat support is highly
desired. Baseline technical skills required to be furthered trained
to meet client specific requirements. Experience working with
Business-to-Business (B2B) preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Must be able to understand telecom industry questions.
- Strong technical and analytical skills needed.
- Proficient in general computer technical skills; mobile, chat,
email and software.
- Accurate typing skills of 45 wpm (words per minute)
- Communicates (verbal and written) complex issues in ways that
the customer easily understands and can successfully apply the
- Flexes communication style to match the customer need.
- Diffuses emotional customer situations effectively and
recognizes when to de-escalate.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate with customers professionally,
meaningful and grammatically correct.
- Dependable with proficient attention to detail.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft's Windows Operating System and
Microsoft Outlook for email.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to shifting priorities,
multiple demands, ambiguity, and rapid change.
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manage
multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced
- Willingness to rotate shifts, as needed, strongly desired.
- Must possess a professional and friendly attitude.
Here's some other great things available to you at SYKES:
- $12 per hour
- Full time work hours
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Paid Time Off
- 401K and employer contributions
- Career advancement job opportunities
- On the job paid trainingCOMMITMENT TO ETHICS AND EQUAL
Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated is firmly committed to conducting
business in compliance with the letter and spirit of the law and
other accepted standards of business conduct as reflected in the
company's policies. SYKES is proud to be an equal employment
opportunity employer. SYKES is committed to selecting, developing,
and rewarding the best person for the job based on the requirements
of the work to be performed and without regard to race, age, color,
religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship,
disability/handicap, marital status, veteran status, sexual
orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity and
expression, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Customer service experience
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to multi-task and independently solve complex
Every time a SYKES customer service representative takes a call
they have the chance to help someone answer a question, solve a
problem, or find something they need. Helping others, we find
meaning in our jobs, while working with people who become friends
and who are fun to work with. With supportive, caring leadership,
our reps enjoy ongoing career opportunities. Serving clients in an
array of businesses, our call reps learn about some of the most
exciting and leading industries in today's economy.
Associated topics: agent, answer, call center specialist, customer
service specialist, phone, platform support, representative,
service representative, system support, technical support
Keywords: SYKES Enterprises, Jacksonville , Business to Business Customer Service Agent, Sales , Fayetteville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!