SALES ASSOCIATE in POLLOCKSVILLE, NC
Company: Dollar General Corporation
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers
for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time.
Save money. Every day. by offering products that are frequently
used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids,
cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at
everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar
General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and we're
still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at
The Sales Associate acts as a point of contact for our customers.
The duties of the Sales Associate include assisting customers in
locating and purchasing merchandise, operating the cash register,
stocking merchandise, recovering merchandise, cleaning the store,
and performing other duties as assigned by the Store Manager to
maximize store profitability and customer satisfaction while
protecting company assets.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Provide excellent customer service, greet and assist
* Operate cash register and scanner to itemize and total customer's
purchase, collect payment from customers and make change, bag
merchandise, and assist customers with merchandise as
* Follow company merchandise processes; unpack, stock, restock, and
rotate merchandise on shelves and build merchandise displays.
* Clean the store, take out trash, dust and mop store floors, clean
restroom and receiving room, and help set up sidewalk displays.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
* Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills.
* Understanding of safety policies and practices.
* Ability to read and follow planogram and merchandise presentation
* Knowledge of basic cash handling procedures.
* Basic mathematical skills.
* Ability to perform cash register functions.
* Ability to stock merchandise.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Frequent walking and standing
* Frequent bending, stooping, and kneeling to run check out
station, stock merchandise and unload trucks; which may also
require the ability to push and/or pull rolltainers for stocking
* Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as handheld
scanners, pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise containers,
two-wheel dollies, U-boats (six-wheel carts), and rolltainers
* Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional
lifting of up to 55 pounds
* Occasional climbing (using step ladder) up to heights of six
* Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level
* Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Dollar General Corporation, Jacksonville , SALES ASSOCIATE in POLLOCKSVILLE, NC, Sales , Pollocksville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!