Guest Services Rep Full Time-104010
Company: Extended Stay America
Posted on: August 7, 2022
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY The Guest Services Representative
("GSR") position must demonstrate and promote a strong commitment
to providing the best possible experience for our guests. The
position is responsible for assisting guests at all times,
answering phones, and checking in and checking guests out in
accordance with company guidelines and procedures. The GSR also is
responsible for completing all necessary front office daily
paperwork and ensuring that safety and security procedures are in
place in accordance with company guidelines and standards for all
associates and guests. Watch A Day in the Life video for Guest
Services Representative MAJOR / KEY JOB DUTIES
- Demonstrates and promotes a 100% commitment to providing the
best possible experience for our guests.
- Management system. Assists guests at all times; responds to
guest requests with diligent follow through. Job functions include
empowerment to resolve guest issues through the Make it Right
process. The GSR must embrace ESA's service culture and treat all
guest and associates with the utmost of respect and kindness.
- Must be able to process reservations, registration, payment,
and departures in accordance with company guidelines and
- Job functions to include handling collection efforts of all
in-house balances. The GSR is responsible for accounting all cash,
check, credit card and city ledger accounts through the
- Job functions to include setup, maintenance and takedown of the
breakfast when required by time of day; and maintaining an
organized and clean work area behind the front desk, in the lobby
and guest commons in compliance with company standards.
- Job functions to include selling the value of ESA to all
inquiries (via telephone and in person) and striving to convert
them into reservations and occupied rooms in compliance with
- Job functions to include collecting relevant guest information
in accordance with guidelines, probing for potential sales leads,
and identifying opportunities.
- Periodic tours of the property to ensure the property is
meeting brand standards.
- Assists and provides reasonable accommodations in response to
guest requests whenever possible and practical
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures, including
but not limited to the prompt reporting of all safety and security
issues directly to the manager or to the appropriate authorities.
- Responsible for maintaining overall hotel cleanliness,
including assisting with cleaning any areas of the hotel as
assigned by the manager when needed, including but not limited to
front desk, associate breakroom, guest laundry, fitness room,
vending areas, stairwells and common areas.
- Cross training into the housekeeping and laundry areas so that
assistance can be provided as needed.
- Other duties as requested by the management team. BENEFITS
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer Paid Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
- Optional Employee Paid - Voluntary Benefits
- Short-Term Disability
- Buy-Up Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) COMPENSATION For Colorado
Applicants Only: To view pay range information for the position;
please click on the following link: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES &
- Ability to understand and communicate in English proficiently
to interact with guests, associates and outside vendors.
- Must be able to operate the property management system
technology. Requires the ability to work through all shift reports
and performing the audit function when necessary and assigned.
- Ability to understand and follow documents such as safety
rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
- Ability to complete routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to apply good judgment at all times.
- Ability to deal with problems, address and solve guest-related
issues. ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
regularly required to remain stationary; navigate the hotel and
parking lot; reach and handle; detect objects and controls; and
- Occasionally required to position self to access low areas and
traverse heights and remain stable while doing so.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally push and/or pull carts and equipment up to 50
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate
frequently works in outside weather conditions (depending on
- The associate occasionally works in wet humid conditions
(non-weather related), near moving mechanical parts, in the
presence of fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic
chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- The work environment will typically be at moderate to loud
- The associate may be asked to travel to help additional
locations within a reasonable geography. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one
to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience. ESA Management, LLC is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of ESA Management, LLC
to treat applicants and associates in all aspects of the employment
relationship without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex,
pregnancy, age (as defined under applicable law), national origin
or ancestry, disability status, veteran status, genetic information
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
Keywords: Extended Stay America, Jacksonville , Guest Services Rep Full Time-104010, Sales , Jacksonville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!