Concrete Plant Manager
Company: S.T. Wooten Corporation
Location: Sneads Ferry
Posted on: January 25, 2023
JOB LOCATION: Sneads Ferry, NC and surrounding areasPOSITIONS
AVAILABLE: 1PRIMARY FUNCTION:The efficient management of assigned
plant production and operations. Position has the direct
responsibility for personnel, equipment, costs, safety, quality,
workmanship, and completion of assigned projects on time and within
estimated budget. This position may include duties within, but not
be limited to: Concrete Material, Equipment, Plant, and
- Supervise all daily operations to achieve maximum production of
materials, equipment and personnel with emphasis on costs, quality
- Conduct periodic evaluations of assigned personnel with special
emphasis on their contributions to the company and our contribution
- See that new personnel receive proper orientation to acquaint
them with company policies, safety requirements, and job
- Review and evaluate operational costs, schedules, job
assignments, equipment performances and needs, personnel needs, on
the job training, selection and performance of suppliers.
- Assist and direct personnel in the proper use and maintenance
of equipment, improving job performance, controlling cost,
increasing productivity, improving communications, and adhering to
- Maintain work performance records, inspection records and other
information for future reference. Complete all required daily
reports, verify their accuracy and transmit promptly to the
- Monitor and insist upon compliance with all federal, state and
- Monitor and insist upon compliance with all OSHA, corporate
safety, affirmative action, American Disabilities and equal
employment guidelines and regulations.
- Maintain good relations with general public, engineers,
architects, inspectors and customers to facilitate job progress.
Promote a positive company image.
- Encourage the development of corporate unity, insuring team
spirit and pride throughout the company.
- Perform additional duties required by the operational needs of
the division and/or as directed by the supervisor.
- Work long, flexible hours as demanded by our customers
including nights, weekends, and work outside for extended periods
during all seasons of the year.
- Must have regular and predictable attendance.MINIMUM
- High school diploma or GED preferred.Work Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in concrete plant
- Experience with NCDOT requirementsOther:
- Must be a minimum of 21 years old
- Must have good work ethic and be dependable.
- Must be able to work various hours as needed including nights,
weekends, and extended hours as needed.
- Must have clean MVR and a valid driver's license.Heavy Physical
Demands: Heavy physical effort required including pulling and
lifting or moving light weight material with occasional lifting or
moving materials or equipment (over 50 pounds). If a position
specific Physical Demands sheet is attached, it will describe in
more detail the physical demands that are required.Physical
Activity:Position requires the ability to continuously work around
noise, dust, heat, cold, oil, and heavy equipment. Personal
protective equipment may be required. Position requires ability to
exchange ideas quickly and clearly and the ability to receive and
evaluate detailed information and instructionsThe above statements
are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not
intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and skills required of the position. All employees may have other
duties assigned at any time.EOE. Minorities/Women/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Keywords: S.T. Wooten Corporation, Jacksonville , Concrete Plant Manager, Professions , Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!