Finish Carpenter Custom Boat Building
Company: Winter Custom Yachts
Posted on: November 18, 2022
*Organization Name: *Winter Custom Yachts
*About Our Organization: *Custom Boat Building and Boat Yard
*Department: *New Constructions
*Job Location: *Hubert, NC-28539
*Reports To: *Dennis Eastwood
*Prepared By: *Gabby Mulholland
*Prepared Date: *November 3, 2022
Construct, erect, install, and repair structures and fixtures of
wood, plywood, and wallboard, using carpenter's hand tools and
* Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a
safe and clean environment.
* Study specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans
to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials
* Measure and mark cutting lines on materials, using a ruler,
pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
* Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand
tools, machines, or power saws.
* Install structures or fixtures, such as stairs, frames,
floorings, trim, or hardware, using carpenters' hand or power
* Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other
wooden fixtures, using woodworking machines, carpenter's hand
tools, or power tools.
* Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and
repair or replace, using hand tools.
* Finish surfaces of woodwork or wallboard in the interior/exterior
of the vessel, using paint, hand tools, or paneling.
* Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material
* Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
* Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events
* Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others
Detailed Work Activities
* Apply decorative or textured finishes or coverings.
* Apply material to fill gaps in surfaces.
* Clean work sites.
* Cut wood components for installation.
* Install carpet or flooring.
* Install doors or windows.
* Install trim or paneling.
* Install wooden structural components.
* Mark reference points on construction materials.
* Measure materials or objects for installation or assembly.
* Mix substances or compounds needed for work activities.
* Remove worn, damaged or outdated materials from work areas.
* Review blueprints or specifications to determine work
* Verify alignment of structures or equipment.
The employee is occasionally expected to sit; climb or balance;
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; The employee is required to
regularly stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; Reach
with hands and arms; Talk and hear.
*Lifts Weight or Exerts Force Work Environment*
The employee is occasionally expected to lift up to 10 pounds; up
to 25 pounds; up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision; distance vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; and
ability to adjust focus.
The employee is occasionally expected to work near moving
mechanical parts. The employee is expected to frequently work in
high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee
is regularly around fumes or airborne particles and outdoor weather
conditions. Positive completion of a Pulmonary Function Test could
be required for this position.
*Education and Experience*
*Years of Experience: 5 years*
*Education *High School/G.E.D
* *Active Listening*
Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time
to understand the points being made, asking questions as
appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Talking to others to convey information effectively.
* *Active Learning*
Understanding the implications of new information for both current
and future problem-solving and decision- making.
* *Critical Thinking*
Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses
of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to
Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
* *Social Perceptiveness*
Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react
as they do.
* *Service Orientation*
Actively looking for ways to help people.
* *Complex Problem Solving*
Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to
develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
* *Equipment Selection*
Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do
* *Judgment and Decision Making*
Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to
choose the most appropriate one.
* *Time Management*
Managing one's own time and the time of others.
* Building and Construction
* English Language
* Custom Work Experience
* *Levels, Power saws, Power routers, Squares, Jacks, Planes, Power
sanders, Tape measures, Wood chisels,*
*Alignment jig, Biscuit jointers, Guide jig, Hammers, Impact
wrenches, Plumb bobs, Power drills, Power staple guns, Sawing
machines, Scaffolding, Air compressors, Bandsaw wheel, Belt sander,
Caulking guns, Power grinders, Power planes, Respirators*
Job Type: Full-time
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Hubert, NC 28539: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
* Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Winter Custom Yachts, Jacksonville , Finish Carpenter Custom Boat Building, Professions , Hubert, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!