Product Quality Engineer
Company: Moen Incorporated
Location: New Bern
Posted on: May 13, 2022
The Product Quality Engineer, reporting to the Senior Manager
Resolutions and Service parts, provides on the ground to support
the Manufacturing and Logistics Operations in North Carolina.
Working with the central Resolutions team and local site quality
leadership, this role will be responsible for ensuring GPG Quality
standards are achieved, together with leading the root cause &
resolution of Customer Quality issues.
Championing Quality Excellence in every aspect of the Supply chain
and manufacturing processes, the Product Quality Engineer will work
in close collaboration with both local and central teams, leading
the validation/control of business critical VOC/PE corrective
actions, managing component/product inspections and rework,
implementing systems to identify quality issues and take timely
containment and corrective actions for all reported Quality
- Creates and maintains a safe working environment, and actively
participates in plant safety events where appropriate. Supports the
plants in achieving Zero by Choice expectations, demonstrating
safety first actions when executing any activities.
- Work with plants to ensure business critical internal
Production Escalations (PE) and external Voice of the Customer
(VOC) issues are identified, together with significant quality
issues being experienced during production that are impacting on
manufacturing quality and efficiency. Utilize appropriate C.I tools
to identify root cause and implement sustainable long-term
- Utilizes working knowledge of various materials, manufacturing
techniques, and engineering practices in the investigation, root
cause analysis, and short-term corrective action planning for plant
and distribution center quality issues.
- Assists plants, distribution centers, and the Resolution Team
with problem solving and failure analysis.
- Manages sorting and rework projects at plants and distribution
centers to correct quality issues and to support inventory
- Identify and implement opportunities for Quality and efficiency
improvement and work with local site teams to implement the
- Documents project progress as well as corrective action and
preventative action plans to update and close projects on time.
Communicates project summaries and transfers project lead to
permanent corrective action owners.
- Develops or updates processes, procedures, and reports to
support Resolutions Team functions.
- Ensure SAP processes and procedures are adhered to ensure
alignment with GPG global Quality processes.
- Interacts with Contact Centers, Product Managers, Engineering,
Plant Quality and Manufacturing, Designers, Sourcing, and Business
Planning to communicate quality impact and corrective action timing
for issues affecting production and order fulfillment.
- Participates in Design for Assembly (DFA), Process Failure Mode
and Effects Analysis (PFMEA), Engineering Builds (EBRs), and Pilot
build processes at plants when relevant to open quality projects
- Achieve stated metrics to include, but not limited to, safety,
quality, service and cost.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related technical
discipline is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of engineering is required. Experience in
assembly or manufacturing is preferred. Experience with data
analysis, root cause analysis, and collaborative problem-solving
techniques is also preferred.
- Experience with dimensioning and tolerances as well as
measurement and metrology skills
- Ability to review and understand 3D CAD models
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast
paced, changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communicate skills for interaction
with all levels of staff, customers, suppliers, and
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word,
Excel, and Outlook).
- SAP, Minitab, and QlikView experience is also preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently to Carolina plants
and distribution centers; ability to travel to other outside
locations at limited times.
- Demonstrable experience of utilizing Lean, 6 sigma, and CI
Fortune Brands' Global Plumbing Group (GPG) is a multi-brand
plumbing business that is inspiring people by designing beautiful
experiences with water. GPG's trusted brands include Moen and the
House of Rohl portfolio. We welcome you to visit the Moen.com and
HouseofRohl.com websites to learn more about us and why we are a
Equal Employment Opportunity
Fortune Brands' GPG is an equal opportunity employer. GPG evaluates
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status
or any other legally protected characteristic.
Fortune Brands' GPG is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If,
because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application or interview process,
please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@moen.com and let us know
the nature of your request along with your contact information
Keywords: Moen Incorporated, Jacksonville , Product Quality Engineer, Professions , New Bern, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!