Director, Supply Chain
Location: New Bern
Posted on: April 5, 2021
BSH Home Appliances Corporation - Top Employer US-- Tomorrow is
our home. Find out how easily you can achieve at BSH Home
Appliances Corporation: As a leading manufacturer of home
appliances and solutions, we encourage commitment and
open-mindedness among our employees. With our global brands Bosch
and Gaggenau as well as our local brand Thermador, our focus truly
is on innovation. And that doesn't just apply to our products and
services, but also drives the way in which we cooperate, exchange
ideas and organize our teams. Everyone is invited to make their
individual contribution to our overall success. Join us now and
give your career a home. Director, Supply Chain New Bern, NC/
Full-time Your responsibilities The Director, Supply Chain leads
the RNA "end-to-end" supply chain function of the organization.
This includes the S&OP process, inventory oversight & planning,
warehousing, vendor relationship management, order fulfillment, and
oversight of logistics inbound processes. The Director, Supply
Chain has a strong focus on operational excellence to drive RNA
factories processes to meet requested KPI levels. This role also
provides support for timely product launches by driving supplier
evaluation and selection decisions. Director level responsibilities
include managing department headcount as well as operating and
capital expenditures to achieve objectives and meet budget
- Oversee and lead the RNA regional supply chain function, which
includes production & capacity planning, material supply,
warehousing and components delivery.
- In Region North America manage and lead integrated business
Sales & Operations Planning process, supply planning with
reconciliation, internal/external capacities, warehouse & inbound
- Plan, allocate and maintain sufficient levels of inventory to
meet customer demand across multiple warehouses in RNA.
- Foster mutually beneficial relationships with key suppliers and
service providers through an active Supplier Relationship
Management program that continuously evaluates performance and
identifies opportunities for improvement, ensures sufficient and
reliable production and processing capacity to support above market
growth rates, and consolidates the supplier base, where
appropriate, to achieve economies of scale.
- Report actionable KPIs and metrics.
- Collaborate with the Demand, Service, and Sales teams.
- Support timely product launches by driving supplier evaluation
and selection decisions, ensuring adequate upstream planning and
procurement of components and other materials required to meet
launch/distribution plans, and managing suppliers an accurate and
timely delivery for those components.
- Implement solutions to lower the total cost of ownership for
inventory and warehousing.
- Partner with IT to identify and implement best-in-class
technology and applications infrastructure that improve the
performance of the supply chain operations.
- Identify and mitigate supply chain risk through appropriate
operating and strategic planning activities.
- Manage headcount, operating and capital expenses for the
department to achieve objectives and meet budget expectations.
- Develop and maintain the structure, and policies necessary to
ensure optimum supply chain performance that align with company
goals and objectives.
- Develop, manage, and mentor a high performing team with a
passion for engaging with and meeting the needs of internal and
external customers, while promoting a culture of accountable
decision making and cross-functional collaboration.
- Identify and implement new or "best practices" designed to
drive a world class supply chain.
- Collaborate and architect proposals with leadership and
operational teams in multiple factories and regions.
- Performs all other duties as assigned. Your profile
- Master's degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 10+ Years Supply Chain Management experience required.
- Excellent knowledge in SCM factories environment.
- Demonstrated ability to drive vision and create team cultures
where employees and associates aspire to drive innovation,
excellence and take business to new levels.
- Ability to build strong, deep and personal relationships with
business partners, allowing for communication, negotiation and
alignment rooted in trust and accountability.
- Language skills: English (knowledge of German helpful).
- Mathematical skills: college level.
- Working knowledge of Product, Purchase Orders and Government
- Reasoning Ability: ability to make decisions, control and
influence large groups of people including top management.
- Superior presentation skills and report writing.
- Must have multi-site, multi-country experience.
- A comprehensive benefits package including paid vacation,
holidays, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability
insurance, educational assistance and a 401(k) plan. This position
is eligible for the employee referral bonus
Keywords: RPMGlobal, Jacksonville , Director, Supply Chain, Professions , New Bern, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!