94F Special Electronic Devices Repairer
Company: Army National Guard
Location: New Bern
Posted on: September 22, 2022
The Army National Guard utilizes many forms of sophisticated
equipment on and off the field. As a Special Electronic Devices
Repairer, you will ensure that vital instruments and tools are
meticulously maintained and operational. This includes night vision
equipment, electronic distance and azimuth-orienting devices,
battlefield illumination devices, nuclear, biological, and chemical
warning and measuring devices, and others.
Specific duties of the Special Electronic Devices Repairer include:
testing instruments, navigational controls, and simulators; reading
technical diagrams and manuals; replacing parts; ensuring quality
control measures; and troubleshooting and inspecting equipment.
Advanced level Special Electronic Devices Repairers are expected to
supervise and train other Soldiers in the craft.
• Interest in mathematics, solving problems, and electronic
• Strong attention to detail
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience
to enjoy a civilian career with the Federal Aviation
Administration, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration,
or the National Weather Service.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the
Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while
earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition
Job training for a Special Electronic Devices Repairer requires 10
weeks of Basic Training, where you learn basic Soldiering skills.
Advanced Individual Training consists of 25 weeks of training.
Training is spent in a classroom, practicing on equipment, and in
the field under simulated combat conditions.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
- Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and
$250 per drill weekend, subject to change
- Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
- Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school
diploma or a GED certificate
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to
change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most
up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS
Other Job Information
Job ID: 3997
ZIP Code: 28560
Job Category: Mechanic and Maintenance
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35 Electrical
electronics installers repairers commercial and industrial
equipment electric motor power tool powerhouse substation relay
Keywords: Army National Guard, Jacksonville , 94F Special Electronic Devices Repairer, Other , New Bern, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!