Network Tech - Morehead City, NC
Location: Morehead City
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook:
/lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube:
/lumentechnologies.The RoleThis position will be transitioning to
Lumen industry partner, Brightspeed, in third quarter 2022. Backed
by Apollo Global Management, Brightspeed, will be providing fast,
reliable internet connections in twenty states throughout the
Midwest and South. Both Lumen and Brightspeed are dedicated to a
strong company culture and helping employees achieve their career
goals. We encourage you to consider this opportunity. More
information about the connection between the Brightspeed and Lumen
organizations and the transition will be available throughout the
As a Lumen Network Tech you will be responsible for all aspects of
working in the physical Central Office.POSTED: 5/4/2022POSTING
CLOSES: 5/16/2022The Main Responsibilities
- Support and maintain all switching equipment in Central
- Keep all backup generators in optimum condition.
- Install, support and maintain special circuits and be capable
of working within the TIRKS system.
- Monitor and support all switch alarm activity.
- Install, support and maintain fiber and copper networks.
- Support and maintain transport network and central power
- Tech should be familiar with both inside and outside plant
- Tech must be self-motivated and be able to drive issues to
- Tech is expected to promote and sell Lumen services.
- Tech must observe all safety rules and regulations.
- Tech must work well with both customers and fellow peers.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekendsWhat We Look For
in a Candidate
- Three years of current experience in a Central Office, related
telephony field, or the equivalent in training and experience.
- Incumbent must be technically proficient in order to perform
the specific work requirements of the job in the particular
- Ability to achieve required certifications and to successfully
complete any required training or coursework.
- Ability to analyze the performance of switching and peripheral
data systems and initiate corrective action.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, particularly
in detailing technical information.
- Ability to maintain an excellent attendance record.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, be able to safely
operate company vehicles and equipment, and maintain a safe driving
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activities including, but
not limited to lifting and/or moving objects weighing over 75
- Ability to identify and distinguish audible tones/levels.
- Knowledge of transmission and supervision characteristics.
- Must have working knowledge of central office NAP
- Must have working knowledge of PC's, including basic computer
- Must be able to respond to after hour call-outs, work overtime,
shift, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and at
various hours of the day/night.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new
- May be required to reside within certain proximity of a
- Must be able to travel overnight as necessary for business
requirements and training.
- Ability to safely climb ladders while working aloft.
- Ability to work flexible shifts.Preferred Qualifications:
- SONET Fiber Optic transport experience.
- Network+, A+, CCNA Certifications.
- Certification in CISCO, Microsoft, or other related
- Certification or equivalent training in inter-networking
technology and LAN/WAN equipment such as Ethernet switches,
routers, ATM, frame relay, IP, and routing protocols.
- AFC experience. Certification or equivalent training in the
maintenance and operation of AFC (DLC), Calix DSL systems, Adtran
(DLC), Fujitsu (FO Transport), and Alcatel DSL systems.
- Installation and configuration of network enabling CPE hardware
and software for connection to strategic network services to
include frame relay, HiCap, xDSL, and other systems utilized by
- Configure and troubleshoot LAN/WAN systems to include routers,
switches, hubs, transceivers, servers, and DSL, as well as,
programming ATM based services (i.e. ADSL).
- Knowledge of SS7 networks in theory.
- Experience and/or training in copper transmission systems,
fiber optics transmission systems, installation, testing and
troubleshooting (DSO, DS1, DS3, SONET, PON, etc.).
- Certification or equivalent training in the maintenance and
operation of Voice Mail systems.
- Experience installing and troubleshooting T1 and DS3 circuits,
digital loop carrier, high-speed internet, voice mail systems, E911
equipment (CML) and services, installation and repair
- DMS-10 or DMS-100 experienceWhat to Expect NextBased on your
job application information you may be given the opportunity to
complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will
include a set of questions for you to record a response to in
addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is
a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now
not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a
link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that
you complete this within 5 days of your application date.Please be
advised that Brightspeed (Connect Holding LLC) requires its
employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to the
Company's legal obligations including potentially accommodating an
employee's sincerely held religious beliefs or medical
condition.Requisition #: 289760This position is part of a
bargaining unit and represented by a union. Depending upon the
applicable collective bargaining agreement under which you may be
hired, you may be: (a) required to join the union and pay union
dues as a condition of employment; or, (b) required to pay union
dues, but not join the union as a condition of employment; or (c)
free to chose whether or not to join the union, but if you do join
the union you would be obligated to pay union dues.EEO
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, creed, veteran status, disability, medical
condition, genetic characteristic or information, age, sex, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status,
pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively,
"protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination
in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring,
compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job
assignments or training.Disclaimer
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: Lumen, Jacksonville , Network Tech - Morehead City, NC, Other , Morehead City, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!