3rd Shift LAM Inspector Team Lead
Company: Lear Corp.
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Job Title: Inspection Team Leader
Under the direction of the Inspection Supervisor and as part of the
Kenansville floor management team, the role will have full
responsibility for internal quality and production targets. You
will lead, manage and develop the Inspection team at Lear
Kenansville, ensuring all internal and external requirements are
met. Skills will be acquired through on the job training, review of
SOPs, and working through daily responsibilities and
This is a representative sample -- not to imply a complete listing
of all responsibilities and tasks.
* Follow all safety standards while ensuring your team follows all
* Achieve stated results by communicating job expectations;
planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching,
counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating,
and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
* Continuous Improvement - eliminating waste from the process in
all its forms to improve Safety; Quality, Cost (raw material usage,
labor, energy) and machine overall efficiency (downtime
* Maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting
processing variables; observing control points and equipment;
monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing
cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems;
facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control
points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and
* Complete production plan on time and to target, by scheduling and
assigning personnel; establishing priorities; monitoring progress;
revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the
processing flow on shift production summaries.
* Work with the Launch/Product Engineering team to ensure all new
product meet internal and external customer requirements.
* Ensure all product changes are controlled effectively through the
engineering change process or deviation.
* Maintains quality by establishing and enforcing organizational
standards. Has the authority to stop processing if the material
quality is not to standard. Teach and enforce Stop-Call-Wait.
* Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating
new equipment and techniques.
* Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating,
sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data;
answering questions and responding to requests.
* Create/revise systems and procedures by analyzing operating
practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary
and personnel requirements; implementing change through deviation
* Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and
directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment,
and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and
procedures (Safety, Quality and 5S).
* Regular involvement with the Safety & IATF Coordinator(s) to meet
the requirements of the safety program (risk assessments, audits,
LPAs, & etc.) and reporting identified issues appropriately.
* Responsible for completing and achieving effective
* Maintains staff by selecting, training, and mentoring
* Management of Production personnel, schedule and communicating
updates to supporting team members (QC, Mechanical Support, and
* Maintain professional and technical.
* Drive & promote Kaizens through the team, support and drive all
department six sigma/lean initiatives.
* Any additional ad-hoc duties, in line with role and company
policies and procedures.
* Complete knowledge and understanding of FG specifications and
* Complete knowledge and understanding of the product inspection
aids and lab equipment.
* Maintain accurate, legible audit data. Complete all forms
according to procedures.
* Segregate any product that does not meet specification.
* Report any deviations from specification to the Senior
Quality/Process Engineer and Department manager in a timely
* Organize and direct the usage of Carton Req(s).
* Follow directions provided in work instructions.
* Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
* Understanding of textile manufacturing methods and defects
* Problem solving skills with an in-depth knowledge of 8D and
Practical Problem Solving (PPS).
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
* PC skills to include MS Excel/Word, PowerPoint and Basics.
* Understanding of Lean improvement methods - Standardized work,
5S, SMED, 7 forms of waste, visual management, and Andon.
* AIAG tools APQP, PFMEA/CP, SPC etc.
* Read, write, and speak and understand in English, in order to
interpret documents such as specifications, safety rules, operating
and maintenance instructions, reports, business correspondence,
regulatory and procedure manuals.
* Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure,
using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Communicate clearly and effectively with co-workers, Supervisors
and Managements. Work independently with little or no supervision
and be a team player.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
* Meet behaviors established in Company performance management and
* Effectively organize, set priorities, schedule assigned work;
oversee multiple and rapidly changing priorities.
* Pay attention to detail.
* Effectively execute tasks.
* Ability to coach and develop associates in continuous improvement
* Ability to implement change Principles and practices of effective
business communication; basic report writing methods and
techniques; correct English usage, including spelling, grammar and
* Managing teams
* Project a strong, confident presence
* The ability to guide and influence others
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and six
months to one-year position-related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Required physical demands are as
* Frequent hand, finger and wrist movement to handle or feel
objects, tools or controls.
* Requires standing (100%) and walking (10%).
* The employee frequently is required to talk, listen/use hearing,
stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch, and/or use repetitive hand
* The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
* Constantly lift up to 10 pounds, may frequently lift up to 20
pounds, and occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.
* Constantly work under tight time constraints.
* Occasionally work mandatory overtime.
* May occasionally have exposures to extreme wet and/or humid
conditions, heat/cold temperatures, and loud machine/equipment.
* The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration, fumes or
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS[CM4]
Required during production duties:
* Eye protection
* Hearing Protection
* Steel toe/ Non-Slip shoes
* Reflective Vest (where applicable)
The above job profile does not include all essential and
nonessential duties of this job. Other job duties may be assigned
as needed. All employees with disabilities are encouraged to
contact the Human Resources Department to review and discuss the
essential and nonessential functions of the job. The employee with
a disability can evaluate the job in greater detail to determine if
she/he can safely perform the essential functions of this job with
or without reasonable accommodation.
Job profiles are not intended, nor should they be construed to be,
an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks, skills, efforts,
working conditions or similar behaviors, attributes or requirements
associated with a job. A job profile is not a comprehensive job
description. It is intended for the sole purpose of acquainting a
person who is unfamiliar with such position with a brief overview
of the position's general direction and scope.
(COMPANY) is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any
other status in accordance with law.
[CM1]Minimum qualification overall or specifics
[CM2]Overall representation that can be the same for all areas
[CM3]Overall working conditions that can apply for all jobs
[CM4]Overall PPE required
Keywords: Lear Corp., Jacksonville , 3rd Shift LAM Inspector Team Lead, Other , Kenansville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!