6149 - Jacksonville NC - 2900 New Bern Highway, Jacksonville,
North Carolina, 28546
CarMax, the way your career should
Under general supervision, performs all processes necessary to
diagnose and complete mechanical and cosmetic repairs on customer
and internal CarMax vehicles following prescribed CarMax policies
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide and maintain exceptional customer service through
customer contact before, during, and after repairs as defined by
CarMax “Voice of Customer” processes.
- Locate, use and control replacement parts and supply
- Use and control tools and equipment
- Perform mechanical and cosmetic repairs, including but not
limited to the diagnosis of all internal and external vehicle
- Follow CarMax standardized work rules
- Inspect vehicles per CarMax Quality Standards when needed.
- Complete state inspections when required.
- Maintain workplace cleanliness and organization in
accordance with CarMax 5S standards
Review repair orders for work performed and accuracy of all
labor, parts and sublet documentation for billing including opening
and closing of repair orders
- Collect service payments and manage payments received for
- Use of proprietary and universal software systems including
CarMax Electronic Repair Order and Mitchell.
- Provide functional expertise and leadership to other
- Provide general support to other associates and managers in the
store, including, but not limited to vehicle assessment, vehicle
prepping, vehicle receiving and transferring.
Work requires ability to:
- Complete New Associate Orientation Training – Operations.
- Complete Kronos Training for Hourly Associates.
- Maintain a current Refrigerant Recycling License.
- Maintain current ASE Certifications in Steering and Suspension
(A4) and Brakes (A5).
- Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain
- Perform multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced
- Lift objects that weigh as much as 50lbs.
- Speak and listen effectively in dealing with
customers/associates in person and over the phone. ? Demonstrate
above average attention to detail.
- Manual dexterity in both arms and hands
- Monitor shop compliance with CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, communication, and
customer service skills
- Demonstrate exceptional telephone etiquette and active
? Combination of office, shop and outdoor
environment. May include working at times in noisy
and/or inclement weather conditions.
? May require walking or standing for an extended period of
? Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights,
weekends, holiday, and 12-hour days.
? Wears CarMax clothing (acquired through company) at all times
working in the store.
? Follow all CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA standards including the
use of Personal Protective Equipment, and proper waste disposal in
? Adhere to all CarMax policies including Attendance, Asset
Protection, Integrity and Professional Appearance policies.
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the
honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want
and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are
bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest
retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work
together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the
way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve
their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized
for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of
the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified
candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability status, or any other characteristic protected by
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider
reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job