You will serve as a Human Resources Assistant (Military & Office
Automation) in the Manpower Department, DEERS/ID Card section of
MARINE CORPS BASE.
Learn more about this agency
- You will review forms, documentation and other related
information submitted by service members.
- You will interview personnel to obtain data needed to complete
actions or obtain data from previously completed files and
- You will approve and verify the accuracy of all ID cards.
- You will operate a computer terminal to input data and retrieve
data from the Real-time Automated Personnel Identification System
- You will retrieve data from various information source, both
manual and electronic for use in answering questions, responding to
correspondence, or preparing reports or briefings.
- You will respond to personnel and telephone inquires concerning
- You will maintain a signature card file of personnel authorized
to verify ID Cad applications.
- You will comply with security requirements set forth in the
security procedures and applicable directives for the safe and
secure operation of the Real-Time Automated Personnel
Identification System (RAPIDS).
0203 Human Resources Assistance
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to
successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To
learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and
responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of
retired military members within 180 days immediately following
retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions
of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or
final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to
obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in
the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized
experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-04) or pay
band in the federal service or equivalent experience in the private
or public sector performing most or all of the following duties:
1.) Reviewing forms, documentation and other related information,
2.) Initiating actions to clarify questions or resolve conflicts as
they arise, 3.) Retrieving data from various information sources to
answer questions or prepare reports, 4.) Ensuring correct grammar,
spelling, capitalization, punctuation and appropriate format is
used when preparing documents, and 5.) Responding to personnel and
telephone inquires concerning ID Cards.
Additional qualification information can be found from the
following Office of Personnel Management website:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including
volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g.,
professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community,
student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies,
knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and
experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This position requires the ability to type at least 40 words per
minute. Your response to the typing skill question on the
Occupational Questionnaire will be used in your qualification
In lieu of specialized experience listed in the Qualifications
section, applicants may qualify based on education OR equivalent
combination of experience and education as follows:
Successfully completed four years of education above high school
level in any field for which high school graduation or the
equivalent is the normal prerequisite;
Have a combination of specialized experience and education that
equates to one year of experience. The percentage of the required
experience plus the percentage of the required education must equal
one hundred percent.