Company: Department of Defense
Location: Camp Lejeune
Posted on: June 9, 2021
You will serve as a PLUMBER in the PUBLIC WORKS DIVISION, G-F
DEPARTMENT, WATER AND WASTEWATER TREATMENT SECTION, UTILITIES
BRANCH of MARINE CORPS BASE.
Learn more about this agency
- You will perform installation, maintenance, modifications and
repair to outside utility water and sewer distribution and
- You will remove, clean, replace, pack and seal defective parts
and fixtures to water lines, waste water lines and appliances.
- You will replace broken fixtures, water pumps, water lines,
waste water lines and fire hydrants. Unstops clogged underground
sewer main, laterials and sewer lines in and under facilities.
- You will clean and unstops vaults, pits, and storm drains.
Locates and taps mains, sets up test equipment, locates pipelines,
traces pipelines and marks pipe routes.
- You will lay out, measures, cuts, bends, threads, solders,
cements and makes connections with all types of pipe including
galvanized, copper, plastic, cast iron, ductile iron, asbestos
concrete and high density polyethylene.
- You will use and maintains tools and machines related to the
plumbing trade for the installation, maintenance and repair of
water and sewer systems.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to
successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To
learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and
responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of
retired military members within 180 days immediately following
retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions
of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective
- You must possess and maintain a current valid United States
driver?s license. and must obtain a Class A Commercial License
along with Government Operators Permit within 6 months of
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment
- This is a Mission Essential position. You will be required to
ensure organization or facility continuity of operations and/or
completion of tasks that are considered essential to the mission
designated by a local or command decision.
- This position is subject to work an uncommon tour, including
nights, weekends, and holidays to meet mission requirements.
Overtime or night differential pay and/or unusual duty hours may be
- Respirator certification is required within the first 30 days
- Subject to call-back and emergency overtime which is a
requirement for this position.
Although a specific length of time and experience is not
required for most trade and labor occupations, you must show
through experience and training that you possess the quality level
of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the
position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification
requirements emphasis is on quality of experience, not necessarily
the length of time.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level
of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the job
elements and screen out listed below.
This job has a screen-out element which will be used to
determine minimum eligibility for this job. Applicants who do not
receive a minimum of two points on the screen-out element(s) will
be found ineligible. The Screen-out Element for this position is:
ABILITY TO DO THE WORK OF THE POSITION WITHOUT MORE THAN NORMAL
Applicants must meet the requirements of the Office of Personnel
Management (OPM) Job Qualification Handbook for Trades and Labor
Occupations. Additional qualification information can be found at:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including
volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g.,
professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community,
student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies,
knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and
experience that translates directly to paid employment.
Keywords: Department of Defense, Jacksonville , Plumber, Other , Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!