Sr Operations Supv
Company: CMS Energy
Location: New Bern
Posted on: June 9, 2021
CMS Enterprises owns and operates independent power generating
plants, natural gas assets and an energy marketing group for the
non-utility segment of CMS Energy's business. We are proud of our
strong history of reliably serving our utility, municipal,
commercial and industrial customers. Equally important to us is our
role as a responsible corporate citizen through environmental
stewardship and providing direct and indirect employment
opportunities and other economic benefits to the communities we
serve. Our strategy is focused on continued exceptional financial
results through strong operations and safety performance,
optimization of our assets, and disciplined growth in the domestic
The Senior Operations Supervisor will be responsible for
coordinating day-to-day technical plant operating activities to
ensure safe and optimum plant efficiency in compliance with
applicable standards and regulations. In addition, in this role,
you will communicate objectives, participate in the selection of
personnel, and train, develop and evaluate assigned personnel in
accordance with Company policies and government regulations.
This position reports to the Plant Manager at the Craven County
Wood Energy Plant located in New Bern, North Carolina.
This section in no way states or implies that these are the only
duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Employees will be required to follow any other job-related duties
requested by their supervisor including:
- Employee Development
- Support of Work Management system
- Operator Training
- Updating Procedures and P&ID's
- NERC and SERC Compliance
- High school diploma OR GED.
- Ten (10) or more years in the industry in roles with increasing
- Four (4) or more years Supervisory experience.
- Basic Troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to instruct/train Operators.
- Basic to Intermediate Computer skills.
- Ability and willingness to lead by example.
- Must be able and willing to work any shift schedule, including
nights and weekends.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently toward general results based on
policy and precedent.
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
Occasionally (O) Frequently (F) Constantly (C)
0-33% AWD 33-66% AWD 67% - 100% AWD
(AWD = Average Workday)
Using the above chart, identify with each activity below, the
frequency that the activity takes place in an average workday.
- Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding,
ramps, poles and the like using feet and legs and/or hands and
arms. Body agility is emphasized. (F)
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at
waist. Requires full use of lower extremities and back muscles.
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on one knee or
both knees. (O)
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg
and spine. (F)
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Sitting: Sitting upright in the work area to perform duties.
- Crawling: Positioning the body so that weight is evenly
distributed on both hands and knees on a flat surface. (O)
- Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time. (F)
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly
for long distances. (F)
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something
with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to
draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion. (O)
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or
moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. Requires
substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles. (F)
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working,
primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken
word. Those activities which they must convey detailed or important
spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds with no less than a 40
dB loss at 500 Hz, 1000 Hz and 2000 Hz with or without correction.
Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication
and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine
adjustments on machined parts. (C)
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds
of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual Acuity Requirements including Color, Depth Perception, &
Field of Vision.
- Machine Operator (including inspection) - This is a minimum
standard for use with those whose work deals largely with visual
inspection involving small defects, small parts, operation of
machines (including inspection), using measurement devices,
assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the
CONDITIONS THE WORKER WILL BE SUBJECT TO IN THIS POSITION
MENTAL/EMOTIONAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB
Temperaments applying to this job include:
- Influencing people in their opinions, attitudes and
- Working alone or apart, in physical isolation from others.
- Attaining precise set limits, tolerances, and standards.
- Working under specific instructions.
- Dealing with people from multiple functions.
- Making judgments and decisions.
- Dealing with changing priorities.
- Giving direction to others without having formal
- Working under pressure to meet specific deadlines.
- Working with people of diverse backgrounds; ethnic,
- Attaining and maintaining credibility fairness.
- Settling inter/intra-departmental personnel disputes,
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION - PLEASE READ
- A review of this description has excluded the marginal
functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of
fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to
reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct
threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves
or other employees.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this
position. Employees will be required to follow any other
job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge,
skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the
incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied
or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
Position will be filled at the appropriate salary grade based
upon the skills, knowledge, and experience of the selected
All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against and
will receive consideration for employment without regard to
protected veteran status, disability, race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Nearest Major Market: Jacksonville
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Manager, Inspector, Operations,
Keywords: CMS Energy, Jacksonville , Sr Operations Supv, Other , New Bern, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!