Licensed Practical Nurse - Transfer Ctr P-T
Company: The Arora Group, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) in Jacksonville,
North Carolina, to work in the Patient Transfer Center of Naval
Medical Center Camp Lejeune to provide patient transfer services to
and from other civilian and military hospitals. The Licensed
Practical Nurse serves Active Duty military heroes, their
family members, and retirees. The Licensed Practical Nurse
position is part-time, working 8.5 hr or 12.5 hr shifts (with a 0.5
hr uncompensated meal break). Patient Transfer Center operates 7
days a week. The part-time LPN shares rotating day and night
shifts with other LPNs.
DUTIES OF THE LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN) - TRANSPORT CENTER
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE LPN - TRANSPORT CENTER:
- Initiate, perform and complete assigned duties in providing
care to variable patient populations.
- Ensure patient care is carried out in accordance with the
Standards of Nursing Care and the policies and procedures of the
- Execute physician s orders within the guidelines of standard
- Facilitate the transfer of emergent and nonemergent ER, ward
and clinic patients out to local and regional civilian or military
facilities.Serve as a central point of contact for patients
transferred from and to NHCL to external medical facilities
(civilian or military); providing professional communication with
patient/family members, healthcare workers (internal and external),
military unit Medical Officers.
- Communicate and coordinate appropriate air or ground
transportation to and from receiving civilian or military
- Assist the referring physicians with selecting the most
appropriate transport option when required.
- Assist with obtaining an accepting NHCL physician for patients
transferring into NHCL from external medical facilities (civilian
- Communicate via radio with inbound aircraft to coordinate
arrival time and arrival requirements.
- Coordinate with designated Emergency Department Staff to
provide Ambulance transport for the patient
- Perform timely, accurate, and concise documentation of patient
care, using automated systems such as CHCS, AHLTA, ADS, Essentris,
and Clinical Information Systems (CIS).
- One year of practical or vocational nurse experience after
- Certificate degree or higher.
- Graduate from an accredited community college, junior college,
college, university or vocational nursing program approved by the
appropriate State agency and accredited by one of the following
accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the
applicant: The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission
(NLNAC) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
In lieu of graduation from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited Licensed
Practical Nurse (LPN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
educational program, the nurse may be a graduate of an accredited
Licensed Practical or Vocational Nurse educational program.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license (any state or
U.S. Territory) to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- U.S. Citizen (for access to Government computer systems)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP
- Competitive salary
- Cash equivalent paid for 17 days vacation/sick leave per year,
prorated on actual hours worked
- Health & Welfare allowance
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified
nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 25 years, has
provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country
in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class
care and give our over healthcare professionals opportunities to
improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of
active duty servicemembers, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Keywords: The Arora Group, Inc., Jacksonville , Licensed Practical Nurse - Transfer Ctr P-T, Other , Jacksonville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!