Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
Company: The Arora Group, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Currently recruiting a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
(CRNA) in Jacksonville, North Carolina, to provide care
to Active Duty heroes, their families, and retirees at Naval
Medical Center Camp Lejeune. Schedule will vary from 4, 8, 10, or
12 hour shifts, Mondays - Saturdays. Services will not be required
on Federal holidays.
DUTIES OF THE CERTIFIED REGISTERED NURSE ANESTHETIST
- Perform the full range of duties of a CRNA within scope of
clinical privileges granted
- Administer anesthesia to any patient undergoing a surgical
procedure, as designated by the attending physician.
- Perform a pre-anesthetic assessment and evaluation of the
patient. This includes obtaining an informed consent from the
patient, requesting consultations and/or diagnostic studies and
ordering pre-anesthetic medications.
- Develop and implement an anesthetic plan of care.
- Perform an assessment immediately prior to induction of
anesthesia of the patient. Review the medical record with regard to
completeness, pertinent laboratory data, time of administration and
dosage of pre-anesthesia medication, together with an appraisal of
any changes in the patient' s condition from that noted on previous
- Obtain consultations with a staff anesthesiologist (i.E.,
patients meeting ASA classification 3 or greater; pediatric
patients less than 3 months old).
- Maintain the patient' s physiologic homeostasis and corrects
abnormal responses to the anesthesia and/or surgery.
- Collect and interpret patient physiological data by selecting,
applying or inserting noninvasive monitoring modalities.
- Manage the patient' s airway and pulmonary status.
- Manage the patient' s emergence and recovery from anesthesia,
remaining with the patient as long as required by the patient' s
condition relative to his/her anesthesia status and until
responsibility for proper patient care has been assumed by other
- Record all pertinent events taking place during the
introduction of, maintenance of and emergence from anesthesia;
record post-anesthetic visits, including at least one note
describing the presence or absence of anesthesia related
complications within 48 hours of the procedure.
- Discharge or release from PACU according to established
criteria. Provide follow-up evaluation and care related to
anesthesia complications and/or side effects.
- In his/her observation, if the CRNA feels that an anesthetic
will put the patient' s life in jeopardy, then this condition must
be discussed with the operating surgeon or the Head, Anesthesiology
Department (or designated representative). The CRNA can rightfully
and legally decline to administer an anesthetic to a patient in
this category without repercussion.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE CERTIFIED REGISTERED NURSE ANESTHETIST
- Master' s degree in nursing or higher
- Graduate from an academic program, approved by the Council on
Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Programs (COA).
- Certified as a Registered Nurse Anesthetist from the American
Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA) or the National Board of
Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists
- Possess 24 months of experience as CRNA within the preceding 48
- Current ACLS and PALS.
- Current, unrestricted license from any of the 50 states and
- With training, must be able to use automated systems such as
CHCS, AHLTA, ADS, Essentris, and Clinical Information System
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (for access to Government computer
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS FOR THE CERTIFIED REGISTERED NURSE
- Competitive pay
- 10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
- 10 paid Federal holidays
- Health & Welfare allowance covers the cost of health insurance,
long and short-term disability, and life insurance
- Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified
nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years,
has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our
country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide
world-class care and give our healthcare professionals
opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and
serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Keywords: The Arora Group, Inc., Jacksonville , Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA), Other , Jacksonville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!