Head of Development, Dishcare
Location: New Bern
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Head of Development, Dishcare - New Bern, NC
Job Category Research and Development
BSH Home Appliances Corporation Top Employer US
Tomorrow is our home.
Find out how easily you can achieve at BSH Home Appliances
Corporation: As a leading manufacturer of home appliances and
solutions, we encourage commitment and open-mindedness among our
employees. With our global brands Bosch and Gaggenau as well as our
local brand Thermador, our focus truly is on innovation. And that
doesnt just apply to our products and services, but also drives the
way in which we cooperate, exchange ideas and organize our teams.
Everyone is invited to make their individual contribution to our
overall success. Join us now and give your career a home.
Head of Development, Dish
New Bern, NC/ Full-time
Lead the Engineering Department in the product development,
sustainability, regulatory and overall technical direction for BSH
and deliver through rapid development highly featured, innovative
and high value products to meet the customers expectations. Set,
drive and maintain clear and concise development plans and product
development milestones for future growth. Provide clear metrics to
measure ROI through effective tracking and status reports for all
engineering projects. Help identify Key Strategic Objectives for
the company. Interact frequently with Product Management/ Marketing
to provide a clear vision and roadmap. Design and implement the
development processes that will enable current teams to work more
efficiently and grow by learning new skills and technologies.
Strategize and prepare for future market needs with development of
new products and technologies. Research new tools and processes to
provide cutting edge development methods. Provide quality products
on time and within cost to support the companys EBIT and future
- Supervise and provide continual performance feedback to
individuals engaged in the design, development and evaluation of
new products and support of existing products.
- Responsible for assuring human and other resources/skills
needed are in place in order to accomplish objectives and strategic
goals of new products.
- Align Department goals with business plan and BSH
- Responsible for building relationships with key customers,
decision makers and international R&D organizations with the
goal of maximum know-how transfer and building a high level of
technical customer intimacy. This includes but is not limited to
key customers, suppliers, government agencies, universities, trade
organizations, BSH R&D and production sites, etc.
- Coordinate concurrent engineering activities, assuring that the
following tasks are accomplished:
- Detailed project schedules are prepared with identified
- Project expense and capital expenditure budgets are prepared;
actual expenditures are tracked against the budgetary
- Actual product costs are compared to targets.
- Actual product feature and performance is compared to marketing
- Cross-functional departments actively and successfully
participate in design/development
- Outside design activities are coordinated through email,
telephone and personal contact
- Model Shop and design verification and validation activities
are coordinated to support the project schedule.
- Periodic design and safety reviews are held to assure that
design integrity is maintained.
- Actively participate in strategic meetings, including US EMS
and PH-Board EMS Engineering Marketing Meeting, International
Development Meetings, Agency meetings (UL, CSA, AHAM) New Product
Review, Quality Improvement and Engineering Staff.
- Investigate alternative components, materials, processes and
technologies with new and/or existing suppliers
- Responsible for providing technical support resources to
Customer Service, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Quality, Sales and
Marketing to resolve plant or customer problems
- Review and plan quality and cost improvement programs
- Coordinate and arrange training programs for employees
- Coordinate and control outside design and development
- Responsible for ensuring the Product Development organizations
comply to our safety and environmental standards
- Four-Year College Engineering: Mechanical or Electrical
- Master's Degree Engineering and/or Business Administration
- 7-10 Years Senior Management experience in an Engineering and
or Product Area Management required
- 10+ Years Engineering experience in the design and development
of consumer products, preferably major appliances required
- 7-10 Years direct experience successfully managing budgets and
costs associated with development of one or more products in excess
of several million required
- 7-10 Years Marketing and Sales on an emerging product line
- 7-10 Years Working with distributed teams or partnering with
other companies /sister divisions
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Effective Communicator at all levels from Board of Management
to individual contributors
- Ability to attract and develop talent
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to be flexible, and comprehend and adapt to changing
- Outstanding team player
- Strong manufacturing background in the fabrication of sheet
metal is desired.
- Proven track record in building and managing a world class
product development team of 20-60 team members.
- Strong project orientation, attention to detail and a
commitment to quality are critical.
- Travel Percentage: 30%
- A comprehensive benefits package including paid vacation,
holidays, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability
insurance, educational assistance and a 401(k) plan.
This position is eligible for the Employee Referral Bonus
Keywords: RPMGlobal, Jacksonville , Head of Development, Dishcare, Other , New Bern, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!