Seasonal Teller I
Company: First Bancorp
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The position of Seasonal Teller I is responsible for performing
routine and intermediate branch and customer services duties:
accepts retail and commercial checking and savings deposits;
processes loan payments; cashes checks and savings withdrawals;
assists with night depository and vault duties; promotes business
for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring
customers to appropriate staff for new services. Incumbents in this
position possess less than 3 years of Teller experience.
- Receives retail and commercial checking and savings deposits by
determining that all necessary deposit documents are in proper
form, and issuing receipts.
- Cashes checks, savings withdrawals and makes cash advances;
confirms all necessary documents are properly authorized, are in
proper form and are within authorized limits; makes decisions when
questionable items are presented for cashing or depositing.
- Assists with night depository duties; logging bags, processing
deposits, making change orders, issuing receipts and returning bags
- May assist in opening and closing the vault daily; assists in
balancing vault currency and coin
- Operates computer terminal or personal computer to process
account activity, determine balances, and resolve problems within
- Issues official checks, traveler's checks and gift cards.
- Cross-sells the Bank's other products and services, referring
customers to appropriate staff as indicated.
- Performs safe deposit duties by controlling access and
- Receives and processes stop payment and hold orders.
- Accepts loan, credit card and installment payments.
- Balances cash drawer daily and verifies cash being bought from
and sold to the vault.
- Provides effective customer service and assists in resolving
problems within given authority.
- Records, files, updates information and sorts' mail or reports
- Answers telephones and directs callers to proper Bank
- Processes teller work through branch capture and assists with
- May gather data and process various reports (e.g., currency
transaction, returned items, overdrafts, callbacks, etc.)
- Processes address changes, check orders, traveler's checks,
incoming and outgoing collections, change orders and deposit slip
- Type's routine letters, reports and forms.
- Maintains files, copies and faxes documents, and orders and
- Takes steps to ensure security of Branch personnel & Bank
- Fully understands opening/closing procedures, as well as all
other security procedures.
- May prepare and verify order of shipment of currency.
- Completes annual compliance courses.
- Adheres specifically to all corporate policies and procedures.
Also adheres to Federal and State regulations and laws; including,
the Bank Secrecy Act and the Anti-Money Laundering Act.
- Adheres to all levels of our Service Excellence standards.
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge & Experience: These specifications are general
guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered
essential to the satisfactory performance of this position.
Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Work
related experience could consist of reception or secretarial duties
in a business environment.
- Educational experience, through in-house training sessions,
formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be
business or financial industry related.
- Intermediate knowledge of Bank operations, products and
services; related state and federal laws and regulations, and other
Bank operational policies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills - ability
to work with minimal supervision.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer
operation; mainframe computer system; word processing, spreadsheet
and specialty software programs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication
skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out
instructions and instruct personnel.
Keywords: First Bancorp, Jacksonville , Seasonal Teller I, Other , Jacksonville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!