The Material Expeditor compiles and maintains material and parts
inventory and status information to expedite movement of material
and parts between production areas. Provides up-to-date status on
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties
vary by assignment or contract)
* Read production schedules, inventory reports, and work orders
to determine type and quantity of materials required, availability
of stock, and order priority.
* Orchestrate efficient flow of materials and products
throughout the purchasing, manufacturing and assembly process.
* Perform as liaison to departments to assist and provide up to
date information on materials status.
* Assist in identifying and following up outstanding claims.
* Confer with department supervisors to determine overdue
material and parts and to inform supervisors of material
* Locate and distribute materials to specified production
* Track material status in vendor custody.
* Maintains cleanliness of the work center as required.
* Presents a courteous and professional demeanor when
interacting with customers and co-workers.
* May perform other duties related to the classification as
* Perform additional duties as assigned by the Logistics
*Knowledge & Skills*
* Working knowledge of ground transportation, freight forwarding
and distribution administration
* Knowledge of cargo documentation and logistical movement
control experience in the transportation environment
* Knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures and
* Must be able to read, write, understand, and communicate the
English language and follow verbal and written instruction.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security
clearance and flight-line driver's license, if required.
*Experience & Education*
* Two years of experience as an expeditor.
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Must be able to meet any Government / Company licensing /
qualification requirements for the position.
*Physical Requirements/Working Environment*
* Normally in an office environment, but occasionally work may
be required in aircraft hangar and shop areas.
* Must be able to work dayshift, night shift, and/or weekend
shift as required.
* As required by work and customer specifications. May require
travel in support of detachments of unknown duration.
**Job:** **Aviation / Support*
**Title:** *Material Expediter (future opportunities)*
**Location:** *UNITED STATES-NORTH CAROLINA-CHERRY POINT*
**Requisition ID:** *PR2001707*
DynCorp International is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
DynCorp International provides reasonable accommodation for
qualified individuals in accordance with applicable federal law.
The company will provide reasonable accommodation for the known
physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and
applicants with disabilities unless doing so would impose an undue
hardship on the company's operations. Applicants who need a
reasonable accommodation during the employment application process
should contact 817-224-7459. Please note that only those inquiries
concerning a request for reasonable accommodation should call this