Registered Nurse (RN) - Labor & Delivery - Rotating Shifts
Company: The Arora Group, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Currently recruiting a Registered Nurse (RN) -
L&D to work in the Labor & Delivery Unit at Naval Medical
Center Camp Lejeune, Jacksonville, North Carolina, to
provide care to Active Duty heroes, their family members, and
retirees. Registered Nurse (RN) - L&D shall normally
provide services for 12 -hour shifts and will be assigned shifts
according to the following rotation during each 2-week period: One
week will comprise of three 12 -hour shifts and one 8 -hour shift;
and the other week will comprise of three 12 -hour shifts. The
Registered Nurse (RN) - L&D shall provide services
Sunday through Saturday including holidays. The 12 -hour shifts run
0700 to 1930 or 1900 to 0730. Each shift includes a -hour
uncompensated meal break. In no instance will a Registered Nurse be
required to provide services in excess of 80 paid hours per 2-week
DUTIES OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - L&D:
- Perform a full range of RN duties, including: triage; patient
assessment and monitoring; appropriate nursing care, procedures,
and treatments; execution of physicians orders; documentation of
patient care and observations; and patient education and emotional
- Perform monitoring of 500 to 950 triage patients per month,
including continuous fetal monitoring, spontaneous rupture of
membrane check, labor check, prolonged monitoring, rule out
pre-term labor, decreased fetal movement, and Pregnancy Induced
- Perform monitoring of 210 inpatients per month, including
continuous fetal monitoring, vital signs and assessment q15-60min
and labor checks/cervical exams.
- Provide management of Pregnancy Induced Hypertension
- Provide intravenous management (fluids, Pitocin, Magnesium
Sulfate, antibiotics and insulin).
- Perform lab draws.
- Provide pain management (monitor patient status on continuous
laboring epidurals, intravenous narcotics, and emotional
- Assist the provider with inductions (cervical ripening,
artificial rupture of membranes, Pitocin).
- Perform vaginal delivery procedures (pushing, delivery,
- Assist the provider with operative vaginal delivery procedures
- Perform pre-op for c-sections (shave-prep, foley, intravenous
bolus, emotional support).
- Perform procedures for transition of normal newborn (NRP as
needed, bath, shots, assessment, breastfeeding assistance).
- Provide stabilization for transport of high-risk patients.
(Magnesium Sulfate, dexamethasone, antibiotics, emotional
- Provide patient/family teaching.
- Support C-section deliveries as circulating nurse in the
- Provide post anesthesia care for patients who have received
epidural, spinal or general anesthesia.
- Operate and manipulate automated systems such as CHCS, AHLTA,
ADS, Essentris, and Clinical Information System (CIS)
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) -
- Associates Degree of Nursing or higher
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by National
League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), or The
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In lieu of
graduation from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited program, the nurse may
be a graduate of a State Board of Nursing or accredited nursing
- Possess a minimum of one year experience in the past five years
in a Labor and Delivery Unit
- Possess and maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Possess current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Documentation of Basic Fetal Heart Monitoring training.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as
a Registered Nurse in any of the 50 States, DC, or U.S.
- Prior to commencing service under this contract, RN shall
attend a 2-hour lecture on IV certification. Contract nurses shall
then obtain certifications (e.G., IV, medications and blood
administration) in accordance with clinic nursing service and
command policy not later than 60 days after commencement of
services, including observation of three completed IV sticks during
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (for access to Gov' t computer
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
10 paid Federal holidays
Health & Welfare allowance covers the cost of health insurance,
long and short-term disability, and life insurance
Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified
nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years,
has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our
country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide
world-class care and give our healthcare professionals
opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and
serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Keywords: The Arora Group, Inc., Jacksonville , Registered Nurse (RN) - Labor & Delivery - Rotating Shifts, Other , Jacksonville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!