Company: Waste Industries
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Safely operate, repair, rebuild and perform maintenance on
Company owned or leased heavy duty diesel trucks and equipment
including rolling stock to ensure its ability to operate
- Diagnose and repair operational difficulties with heavy duty
diesel trucks and equipment.
- Maintain and repair heavy diesel, gas and electrically operated
equipment and vehicles.
- Complete reports, work orders, order parts and perform other
administrative duties as required daily.
- Assist in the review of mechanical write-ups on equipment and
coordinate repair schedule.
- Ensure safe working conditions and compliance with all safety
- Utilize a variety of power and hand tools and equipment.
- Possess, provide and maintain tools necessary to perform tasks
related to maintenance on heavy/hydraulic equipment.
- Maintain a clean work area.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
technical diploma desired.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as a diesel mechanic.
- Experience using diagnostic software a plus
- Must be computer literate, have the ability to be trained on
software systems and the willingness to learn.
- Obtain a Class A or B Commercial Driver's License (CDL) within
six (6) months of employment.
- Must pass a DOT physical including drug screening.
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, use hands and fingers, reach,
stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear, climb, balance, taste, and
- Continuous concentrated mental and visual attention
- Visual requirements include close vision, distance vision,
color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to
- Frequent physical effort including handling tools and equipment
- Frequently lift/push/pull up to 100 pounds.
GFL Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will make
reasonable accommodations to enable employees to perform their
Occupational Safety And Health
Keywords: Waste Industries, Jacksonville , Mechanic, Other , Newport, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!