Bookseller - Part-Time
Company: Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
As a Bookseller, you are responsible for selling by providing
exceptional customer service through our four core service
principles. You make the shopping experience interactive and
engaging by enthusiastically sharing your knowledge about our
products and services and meeting the needs of the customer. You
care about and value people and exemplify our core values.
- Deliver exceptional customer service that ensures sales and
high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Execute on the four core service principles: put the book in
the customer's hand, offer to order, offer the Member program, and
- Greet and establish rapport with customers, proactively
engaging them in conversations about our products, services and
promotions to determine their needs and recommend the right
- Ensure all customer transactions are processed accurately and
in a timely manner.
- Share knowledge and enthusiasm about all our products,
services, and promotions, providing a personalized experience to
multiple customers at the same time.
- Respond to customer's concerns and questions, and secure the
- Drive customer loyalty through successful selling of
Memberships, gift cards, Kid's Club and other sales
- Communicate specific product needs to managers to ensure the
store is stocked appropriately with in-demand titles and customer
- Recover the selling floor during each shift by, gathering and
restocking items, straightening bookcases, maintaining tables in
the Caf, maintaining restroom cleanliness, and performing other
store housekeeping tasks.
- Support and promote business development sales and in-store
- Assist in any area of the store as needed.
- Adhere to all inventory and loss prevention standards.
- Help orient new booksellers, ensuring a smooth acclimation to
the store and our bookselling culture.
- Passion for selling
- Strong communication skills
- Spend the majority of time on the selling floor, which requires
physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending,
- Availability for early mornings, evenings, weekends and
holidays to align with store needs
Keywords: Barnes & Noble, Inc., Jacksonville , Bookseller - Part-Time, Other , Jacksonville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!