About the Position: Onslow County is situated on the east coast
of North Carolina and is the proud home of US Marine Corps Base
Camp Lejeune, the largest amphibious Marine base in the world.
Onslow County Schools is the 11th largest district in the state of
North Carolina with over 27,000 students currently enrolled and 39
Learn more about this agency
- Perform or coordinate the performance of administrative and
- Manage calendars and schedule appointments for organizational
- Receive telephone calls and greet visitors, screening those
which can be handled independently.
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence and reports.
- Organize and monitoring files, records, manuals, and logs,
updating as changes are received.
- Plan, coordinate, and develop travel arrangements including
comprehensive itinerary and travel vouchers.
- Office Secretaries
Conditions of Employment
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a
Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Two year trial or probationary period may be required.
- Appointment subject to a suitability/fitness determination, as
determined by a background investigation.
- This position requires a Tier 1 (T1) investigation with
Childcare Checks since its duties require interaction with children
and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment
authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You
will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet,
and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or
categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive
list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Competitive Service Department of Defense Education
Activity (DoDEA) Civilian Employee
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DoD) Civilian
- Domestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test
Facilities Base Civilian Personnel Workforce
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements
described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience,
including volunteer work done through National Service programs
(e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g.,
professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community;
student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying
experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must
clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on
education, your transcripts will be required as part of your
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which
includes performing office administrative functions to include
collecting data to create reports; managing and/or coordinating
calendars for leadership; and preparing travel arrangements. This
definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed
at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service
Proficiency Required: This position requires a qualified typist.
A qualified typist can type 40 words per minute based on a 5 minute
sample with three or fewer errors.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the
required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must
meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no
substitution of education for experience is permitted.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency
in the following areas:
- Manages and Organizes Information
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General
Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks
of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent
This job does not have an education qualification