Full Time Retail Associate (Cashier) Handy Mart #156
Company: Pope Transport
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Refuel your career with Handy Mart Convenience Stores! The
Retail Associate has the opportunity to use and refine their skills
in marketing, sales, and customer service! If you have a great
attitude and love working in a fast-paced customer service
environment that provides job growth opportunities, then check us
out. Working with Handy Mart is not just a job, it can be a career.
More than 80% of our Managers are promoted from within.
COVID-19 Safety: We have made great strides to keep our
employees safe during this pandemic. We have adopted many safety
procedures that include regular cleaning and sanitation, the use of
barriers between you and the customer, and we require our employees
to wear masks while interacting with customers and other
Why choose us?
- Locally owned and growing in Eastern North Carolina -
celebrating more than 100 years!
- Industry leading COVID-19 safety standards.
- Flexible scheduling to fit your life.
- Paid Weekly!
- Great benefits including, BCBS Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k)
with Company Match, Life, Paid Time Off, and much more!
- Leadership Development Opportunities
Each full or part time sales clerk is responsible for the proper
and efficient operation of his or her shift, within Company policy.
This position includes duties such customer service, stocking,
cleaning, and helping to facilitate a safe environment for
employees and customers. We have adopted Steps to Success to guide
you through every day. We encourage our employees to have fun and
work in a positive way to help ensure our Customers want to shop
Handy Mart again and again. We are all about great customer
- Be able to constantly speak, read, write and understand the
English language, including the ability to hear the spoken word
either naturally or by mechanical device, sufficient enough to
perform designated duties.
- Be able to frequently perform math calculations sufficient
enough in order to make correct change, complete shift reports and
properly check in and account for merchandise delivered by
- Have sufficient vision or corrected vision, to check
identification, to process money orders and to identify customers
at outside gasoline islands.
- Be able to frequently lift up to fifty pounds, carrying cases
of soft drinks, beer and juices.
- Be able to frequently walk, bend, and stoop to stock shelves
- Be able to frequently sweep and mop floors, dust shelves and
lift and carry out trash containers to place in dumpster.
- Be able to frequently clean parking lot and surrounding store
- Be able to frequently enter and work in a walk in cooler.
- Be able to occasionally climb a ladder for cleaning windows,
- Be able to constantly stand for long periods of time without
- Be able to act promptly in case of a gasoline spill by being
familiar and trained on the Company Gasoline Spill checklist.
Keywords: Pope Transport, Jacksonville , Full Time Retail Associate (Cashier) Handy Mart #156, Other , Jacksonville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!