Quality Control Manager, DNP (Contingent Upon Contract Award)
Company: Chugach Alaska Corporation
Location: Camp Lejeune
Posted on: May 3, 2021
With over 25 years of experience, Chugach Government Solutions
(CGS) is a seasoned government contractor, providing a wide span of
services to our federal customers. Our subsidiaries specialize in a
wide variety of services to include, facility maintenance,
IT/technical services, construction and education. We set the
standard for first-class business services in the global market,
and we remain to make a difference for our shareholders.
CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation
(Chugach), one of the twelve (12) original Alaska Native Regional
Corporations formed under the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act
of 1971. Chugach is privately held by Alaska Natives, our
shareholders, and its stock is not publicly traded.
As a preferred employer in our industry, we offer a competitive
compensation and benefits package, professional growth
opportunities, and more!
This position is Contingent Upon Contract Award
The Quality Control Manager (QCM) position is responsible for
the quality management program and assures that subcontractors
implement a quality control management program, which meets the
contract requirements. The incumbent independently administers the
quality control management program and reports directly to senior
corporate management independent of any site management. This
position has full authority to coordinate the rework of
non-conforming work and has full responsibility for assuring
performance objectives and standards identified in this contract
Essential Duties Job Functions
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of quality
assurance principles and practices to a broad range of project
- Develops, implements, and maintains a Quality Control Plan
tailored to the contract and encompassing all facets of the
- Completes necessary inspection reports and documentation
required to support findings.
- Inspects work in progress and finished work for discrepancies
in accordance with the Quality Control Plan and contract
- Assists in the preparation of project audit schedules,
discipline activity plans for the QA function, and audit reports
(internal and external), noting nonconformance and verifying
effective corrective action.
- Assists the Project Manager in developing an orientation
program to ensure that the project teams are familiar with the
requirements of the Project Quality Plan, including other quality
matters, if required.
- Acts as a quality auditor and may follow up on audit findings
and corrective actions.
- Reports all issues, problems, accomplishments, and results of
surveys, inspections, meetings, and observations relating to
performance of the contract to the Project Manager.
- Applies advanced knowledge of quality assurance principles and
practices to a broad range of project assignments.
- Plans and executes a wide variety of technical and
administrative assignments; effectively communicates with
department and project personnel regarding quality assurance
policies and procedures.
- Uses progressive work and educational experience to increase
knowledge and improve expertise.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of Quality Assurance principles (ISO 900 or
- Knowledge of federal and state codes/guidelines; OSHA, ANSI,
and other regulatory agencies.
- Knowledge of generally accepted standards of workmanship in
construction/maintenance of facilities, grounds, and power
- Knowledge of Government contracting terminologies and
- Knowledge of environmental issues relating to contractual
- Skill in the use of common office equipment, including copiers,
fax machines, and computers.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to create and maintain a positive team atmosphere with
effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work
professionally with a variety of people and personalities.
- Ability to be on-site during the Government's regular working
hours and shall be available on-site within one hours after the
Government's request after regular hours.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government national
Agency (NAC) clearance and/or security clearance if required.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Minimum five (5) year's construction inspection
- Extensive experience dealing with multiple award type
- Working knowledge of plumbing, carpentry, pipefitting,
painting, and general construction activities.
- Completed U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Construction Quality
Management for Contractors or the NAVFAC Quality Control Quality
- Completed OSHA 30-hour construction safety class or equivalent
within the last five (5) years.
- Skill in the use of MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and
PowerPoint at an intermediate level.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Speak, read, and write English.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Eight (8) years of experience in Quality Control and facility
- Five (5) years in a leadership, supervisory, or management
CGS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, religion, gender identity,
sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected
veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law. Hiring
preference will be given to Chugach shareholders, their spouses and
descendants, Alaska Natives and American Indians in accordance with
Public Law 93-638.
CAMP LEJEUNE, NC
Keywords: Chugach Alaska Corporation, Jacksonville , Quality Control Manager, DNP (Contingent Upon Contract Award), Other , Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!