To gain the skills, knowledge, and
expertise to be considered a successful Produce Department Manager.
To supervise and insure that Lowes Foods guest service,
merchandising programs, and departmental operation is maintained in
the produce department. Assume the duties of the Department Manager
in their absence.
1. Insure guests receive polite, friendly
service from the produce/floral department staff.
2. Achieve budgeted sales and profits for
the produce/floral department.
3. Maintain desired level of inventory and
4. Operate the department according to
merchandising and operational guidelines and programs.
5. Insure the quality of product for sale
meets Lowes Foods standards.
6. Maintain sanitation and safety
throughout the department according to Lowes Foods standards.
7. Provide guidance, orientation, training
and feedback to insure produce department hosts achieve
satisfactory performance standards.
8. Perform product preparation, receiving,
conditioning, stocking and guest service as necessary to achieve
9. Maintain departments staffing and
10. Perform all other duties as assigned by
1. Friendly, outgoing personality.
2. Ability to work well with others.
3. Ability to lift 50 lbs. regularly and 25
4. Ability to read and understand
information and direction.
5. Knowledge of produce operations.
6. Ability to supervise people including
training and development.
7. Demonstrated ability and willingness to
learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
8. Effective communication and guest
9. Ability to bend, kneel and stand for
extended periods of time.