Personal & Commercial Lines Customer Service Representative
Company: Chalk & Gibbs, Inc.
Location: Morehead City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Description The Personal & Commercial Lines
CSR is responsible for maintaining solid customer relationships by
handling personal and commercial lines insurance coverage inquiries
and concerns with speed and professionalism through daily
interaction with customers, insurance carriers, and fellow
employees while conducting specific service and marketing
- Answer customer calls and correspondence regarding new or
existing insurance policies and service all claims.
- Work with prospects to pre-qualify and understand their needs,
gather necessary data, research policy options, present options,
finalize and bind new coverage, cancel old policies, and negotiate
with carriers when necessary.
- Set appointments and/or client calls to review existing
policies, revise liability limits, explore other coverage needs,
evaluate replacement costs, round out accounts, and bind
- Confer with customers to provide detailed information about
products and services, quote new business, process renewals and/or
cancel accounts, take payments, and provide requested
- Actively solicit increases in coverage or rounding out accounts
at every service contact.
- Resolve product or service issues by clarifying the customer's
concern, determining the cause of the issue, selecting and
explaining the best solution to solve the issue, expediting
correction or adjustment, following up to ensure resolution.
- Maintain records of customer interactions and transactions,
recording details of inquiries, comments, and actions taken in the
agency management system.
- Review audits or policies; verify accuracy and facilitate
corrections, as needed, between client and carrier.
- Keep informed regarding industry information, new product
information, legislation, coverages and technology to continuously
improve knowledge and performance as well as collaboration with
team members, mentor staff, and participate in meetings as
- Hold the insurance license required by your state and have a
minimum of two years personal and commercial lines insurance
account management experience, as well as a Bachelors Degree or
comparable work experience.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of insurance products and usages,
rating procedures, underwriting procedures, coverages, and industry
operations to effectively manage, maintain, and write assigned
clients and prospects.
- Demonstrate strong customer focus and an excellent phone
manner; display strong written and verbal communication skills and
possess excellent math and reading skills to accurately perform
- Have the ability and tact to handle difficult customer phone
calls and solve complex problems without direct supervision.
- Have a strong sense of urgency, attention to detail,
organization, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Technology and Computer proficiency including agency management
- Competitive Pay
- Professional Development
- Job Stability in a growing industry
This agency is independently owned and operated. Your
application will go directly to the agency, and all hiring
decisions will be made by the management of this agency. All
inquiries about employment at this agency should be made directly
to the agency location and not to the Independent Insurance Agents
of North Carolina.
Keywords: Chalk & Gibbs, Inc., Jacksonville , Personal & Commercial Lines Customer Service Representative, Other , Morehead City, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!