Military & Family Life Counselor - SOCOM - Camp Lejeune
Company: Magellan Health
Posted on: December 3, 2019
This position is in support of Camp Lejeune; candidates must be
local or be willing to become local to the Camp Lejeune area.
Candidates must be licensed at the independent level in the state
of North Carolina.
This position has the primary responsibility of providing the full
breadth of MFLC counseling services to military service members and
their families at the Special Operations Command (SOCOM). This
position requires a secret level security clearance and must abide
by the rules governing such secret clearance. The counselor is
responsible for providing MFLC services including non-medical,
short-term, walk-around counseling, training/health and wellness
presentations, and consultation to installation command regarding
behavioral health issues with a unique understanding of the special
operations cultural and security issues.
- Provides non-medical, short-term, solution focused, walk-around
counseling directly to service and family members of the
SOCOM.--Services include assessment, brief counseling and
consultation, action planning, referral to resources (assuring
linkage as appropriate), and follow-up as indicated.----
- Delivers training and health and wellness presentations and
other base/installation activities as requested/directed.
- Enters counselor activity data daily through smart phone, or
web application to assure that reporting is accurate from assigned
installation, while maintaining client / service member
- Cultivate and maintain direct relationships with installation
personnel within the SOCOM. Responsible for development of an
effective and professional working relationship with the
installation POC (Point of Contact) and with the SOCOM
- Create a presence on the installation in which the service and
family members feel comfortable approaching the counselor and
recognize the program to be confidential.-- Establishes and
maintains working relationships with community resources and
provides appropriate linkages for service members and their
families.--Partners with POC to provide MFLC services in a manner
that addresses the needs of the installation.
- Provides MFLC response to critical incidents, surge, and
special requests as directed by the POC and approved by the Office
of Secretary of Defense (OSD) program manager. Counselor will flex
schedule to respond to urgent requests as needed.
- Manages duty to warn and restricted reporting situations
according to Department of Defense (DoD) protocol and staffs the
cases with Regional Supervisor/Regional Director.
- Communicates with Regional Supervisors and participates in
regular individual and group supervision, sharing information
regarding trends and issues on the installations to which the
counselor is assigned.
- Participates in regular in-services/training, Quality
Improvement committees or other contract activities as
assigned/appropriate.General Job InformationTitleMilitary & Family
Life Counselor - SOCOM - Camp LejeuneGradeMFLCJob FamilyClinical
Services GroupCountryUnited States of AmericaFLSA StatusUnited
States of America (Exempt)Recruiting Start Date11/12/2019Date
ExperienceClinicalEducationMasters: Behavioral Health
(Required)License and Certifications - RequiredCurrent licensure
required for this position that meets State, Commonwealth or
customer-specific requirements - Care Mgmt, Must be an
independently licensed behavioral health clinician - Care Mgmt,
Secret Security Clearance - OtherLicense and Certifications -
PreferredOther Job RequirementsResponsibilities
- Prior services as MFLC and/or CYB counselor strongly preferred.
- Master's Degree from an accredited Graduate Program in a Mental
Health related field.
- Valid unrestricted counseling--license from a State, District
of Columbia, US Territory or Commonwealth that grants authority to
provide counseling services as an independent practitioner.
- For assignments in the 50 states, counselors shall be licensed
or certified in the state in which the client is receiving
- A minimum one year of post licensure counseling
- Requires ability to engage and communicate with military
members or children as assigned, in order to accomplish job
functions, and to respond quickly to emergent situations in any
physical location on a military installation and/or within a school
setting, which includes the need to traverse short and/or long
distances within the base to both indoor and outdoor locations, to
maneuver through rugged, outdoor or uneven locations (e.g., steep
inclines, stairs, grass), and work in outdoor weather and other
military base conditions.
- May require travel to locations outside of a military base in a
variety of physical environments. Due to the nature of working on
military installations or related worksites, counselors may need to
comply with various site specific requirements to work at
designated locations. For example, for some assignments, counselors
will need to have certain immunizations or vaccinations and provide
record of receipt.
- Secret Level security clearance.
- Pass a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) Clearance and
an Installation Records Check (IRC), Criminal History Background
Check and FBI Fingerprints Check.
- Ability to prove US Citizenship and must speak fluent
- Understanding, sensitivity and empathy for service members and
their families. Ability to develop trusting, helping
relationships.--Ability to work effectively with individuals and
families from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic
- Prior military service/military family member and/or strong
familiarity with military culture and command structure; ability to
establish productive relationships with high ranking military
personnel.Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and
attest to the security responsibilities and security controls
unique to their position.
Keywords: Magellan Health, Jacksonville , Military & Family Life Counselor - SOCOM - Camp Lejeune, Other , Jacksonville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!