Company: Cape Fear Group, INC
Location: New Bern
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job DescriptionCape Fear Vocational Services Employment
Specialist/Part time Salary $16 an hour Who we are: Cape Fear
Vocational Services is a progressive and dynamic organization
dedicated to serving individuals with disabilities and/or
vocational barriers in reaching their employment goals. Established
in 1991, our organization has a long history of meeting the needs
of the individuals we serve. Our organizational mission is to
assist people in becoming active community members through our
person-centered program of goal development and skill acquisition.
Our staff take a true person-centered approach and focus on the
individuality of each participant. We are looking for candidates in
Craven County and surrounding counties to work with us in
accomplishing our overall mission and goals. Under the supervision
of the Supported Employment Director or Assistant Director,
Employment Specialists provide direct support and coaching to
enable participants in achieving their employment goals. We offer
nationally accredited paid training, competitive salary, and
mileage reimbursement to employees. Job Description and
- Provide on-the-job training to assist and support participants
in mastering the tasks required for the position obtained.
- Interface with employers to build community relationships and
assist in successful job placements.
- Perform prevocational activities including but not limited to;
mock interviewing, resume building, application assistance, and
- Develop rapport with Participants to ensure the most suitable
job match is attained.
- Due to the dynamic nature of the position, the ideal candidate
will be able to multi-task, manage time effectively, and display
the ability to communicate productively with a variety of
- This position requires open availability and flexibility to
coordinate with the training needs of the participants.
- Act as a positive role model at all times through positive
reinforcement, encouragement, and resource sharing.
- Due to the autonomy of this position, the ideal candidate will
have excellent communication skills, self-direction, and motivation
to work independently while still being an active part of the
- Advocating on behalf of program participants to always ensure
- Model and maintain good work habits to include punctuality,
communication, a positive attitude, professional appearance, and
- Complete all necessary documentation as assigned by
- Occasional transportation may be provided for
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word,
Microsoft Teams and Zoom.
- This position starts off as part-time with the ability to move
to full-time after 90 days depending on performance and company
needs. Education Requirement:
- At minimum, a high school diploma or equivalent; college degree
preferred in Human Services. Experience Requirements:
- Experience working in a Human Services environment preferred.
Cape Fear will provide training to individuals with limited
experience. Clearance Requirements:
- Must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- Healthcare Registry Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Pre-employment drug screening required
- TB skin test
- Valid Driver's license and reliable transportation with proof
Keywords: Cape Fear Group, INC, Jacksonville , Employment Specialist, Human Resources , New Bern, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!