Assistant Grocery Manager FT
Company: Lowes Foods
Posted on: August 6, 2022
To gain the skills, knowledge, and expertise to be considered a
successful Grocery Manager. To supervise and ensure that Lowes
Foods guest service, merchandising programs, and departmental
operations are maintained in the grocery department to achieve
maximum sales. Assume the duties of the Department Manager in their
1. Ensure guests receive polite, friendly service from the grocery
2. Achieve budgeted sales, wage percent, and profits for the
3. Maintain desired level of inventory and supplies to maximize
sales and minimize excessive inventory.
4. Operate the department according to merchandising and
operational guidelines and programs.
5. Ensure the quality of product for sale meets Lowes Foods
6. Maintain sanitation and safety throughout the department
including the backroom according to Lowes Foods standards.
7. Provide guidance, orientation, training and feedback to ensure
grocery department hosts achieve satisfactory performance
8. Perform product stocking and guest service as necessary to
9. Maintain department's staffing and scheduling standards.
10. Control grocery shrink through proper implementation of the
stock loss program.
11. Ensure proper pricing and item scanning through price audits
and proper scanning procedures.
12. Ensure backroom is properly maintained.
13. Ensure advertised items are available, signed and are scanning
14. Help prepare grocery department for grocery inventory.
15. Works with Store Manager, Grocery Manager and Receiver to
maintain product level and conditions associated with vendor
16. Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
1. Friendly, outgoing personality.
2. Ability to work well with others.
3. Ability to lift 40 lbs. consistently and 60 lbs.
4. Ability to read and understand information and direction.
5. 1-3 years of supermarket knowledge.
6. Ability to supervise people including training and
7. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and
technical requirements of the job.
8. Effective communication, guest service and selling skills.
9. Ability to bend, kneel, stand, push/pull stock carts and operate
pallet jack for extended periods of time.
Keywords: Lowes Foods, Jacksonville , Assistant Grocery Manager FT, Hospitality & Tourism , Jacksonville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!