Company: Atlantic Medical Management/Jacksonville Children'
Posted on: November 30, 2019
Summary:Do you want to be a part of our company's growth and
success? The Atlantic Medical Management (AMM) is a corporate
medical management firm, working in conjunction with Jacksonville
Children's and Multispecialty Clinic (JCMC) to aid in JCMC's
expansion measures. Due to this growth, we are seeking a Clinical
Educator. The Clinical Educator is responsible for training and
monitoring competencies of Clinical Staff for dependent and
independent nursing functions and conformance with recognized
nursing techniques, procedures, and established standards based on
the scope of the staff's license. The Clinical Educator will also
serve as the coordinator for physician and clinical staff
educational activities and physician department meetings. The
Clinical Educator understands the needs of the practice and
supports the mission and values.Qualification Requirements:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must pass
competencies with designated clinic Nurse Manager or M.D.Minimum
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- Current North Carolina State RN License with at least 5 years
of Nursing experience, or master's degree in lieu of 5 years'
- Effective verbal and written communication on all levels and
both internally and externally.
- Self-motivated, analytical, quick learner, organized,
detail-oriented, multi-tasker.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical technology, information and techniques
needed to provide skilled nursing care
- Have a high level of Proficiency in the Use of the Practice EHR
and function as a "super user"
- Have proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products to
include Word, Excel and Power Point
- Have experience in promoting clinical quality improvement.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer
and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment,
meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer
- Prior supervisory experience is a plus.
- Have teaching skills. Must be able to communicate information
and ideas in speaking so others will understand; Able to talk to
others to convey information effectively. Can communicate
information and ideas in writing and in presentations so others
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual
differences in ability, personality, and interests; motivational
interviewing and cultural competency skills.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems.
- Active listener who is able to analyze, negotiate, and respond
appropriately to the message being communicated.
- Skilled in understanding the implications of new information
and adjusting personal actions for both current and future
problem-solving and decision-making issues and situations. Actively
looking for ways to help people.
- Have ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go
wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing
there is a problem.Scope of Practice:
- Nursing functions as delineated by appropriate NCBON
- Work under supervision of the Medical Director, or a licensed
professional, such as a physician or nurse practitioner.Essential
- Complete specific "competency skills checklist" as required and
mandated for job roles within the practice for Clinical
- Responsible for training of new clinical staff in clinical
skills, administration of medications or injections as directed by
a physician, documentation and use of Electronic Health Records.
This includes interviewing patients to obtain medical information
and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
- Responsible for monitoring Clinical Competency of Clinical
Staff. Works closely with the Medical Director/ Director of Quality
Management/ Director of Operations / Operational Supervisors and
provides feedback on areas of concern or needed improvement.
- Uses and trains clinical staff in self-management and
motivational techniques to engage patient in self-care.
- Promote patient/family understanding of the educational content
and his/her involvement in the plan of care, and document in
- Assist in and trains clinical staff in gathering information
about a patient's condition and use it to help doctors or other
nurses create a customized health care plan to suit the patient's
needs. They may also instruct a patient's family members on proper
care of the patient.
- Trains clinical staff to do CLIA waived laboratory tests,
cleaning and monitoring medical equipment, and assisting doctors
with tests and procedures. Ensures that staff are compliant with
OSHA practices and following company policies.
- Participate in provider department meetings, work-flow meetings
and Quality Improvement (QI) meetings to understand and stay up to
date on required work-flow changes with clinical staff.
- Support various departments to improve quality and clinical
- Assists Medical Director in researching and writing clinical
- Serve as the EHR trainer for clinical staff
- Remain current and up to date on population health data; attend
in house training and lectures to understand trends.
- Coordinate Provider Department meetings.
- Coordinate Continuing Medical Education activities under the
Direction of the Medical Director
- Perform other clinical functions as delegated by the Medical
- Monitor patient survey data and distribute to providers and
clinics on a quarterly basis.
--- Work Environment and Work Conditions:Position is in a
well-lighted office and clinic environment. May on occasion be
asked to work evenings and weekends as may be required. Requires
traveling to the various practice sites. Jacksonville Children's
and Multispecialty Clinics and campus are smoke-free.If this is the
perfect role for you, then hurry and apply!!!
AMM/JCMC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected
Keywords: Atlantic Medical Management/Jacksonville Children', Jacksonville , Clinical Educator/Coordinator, Healthcare , Jacksonville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!