Physician / Nurse Practitioner / North Carolina / Permanent / NP - Psy
Company: Kurz Solutions
Posted on: November 23, 2018
NP - Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Live 30 minutes from the beach...
LOCATION Growing Jacksonville, NC, located in Onslow County
Onslow County is America's fastest-growing county over the past five years, according to a federal agency that tracks economics.
Onslow's booming economy is fueled by Marines and sailors stationed at Camp Lejeune and New River Air Station, according to a recent report in the Charlotte Business Journal.
The military, agriculture and tourism are the top three economic areas for North Carolina: they are also the top areas for Onslow County.
And...Jacksonville is just 30 minutes from Emerald Isle and 55 minutes from historic Wilmington, NC, both favorite coastal resort destinations with pristine beaches and blue water....
CAMP LEJEUNE Home of the Expeditionary Forces
Home of a 180,000 active duty, dependent, retiree and civilian employee population, Camp Lejeune boasts 156,000 acres of state-of-the-art training facilities including 11 miles of beach for amphibious operations, 32 gun positions, 48 tactical landing zones and 80 live fire ranges.
Some services available aboard Camp Lejeune include: childcare, shopping, education, family support, hunting and fishing, dining, boating and swimming. Some facilities on base include banks and credit unions, the commissary, the library, hobby shops, fitness centers, the beach, theaters and more.
From the supporting infrastructure, a tradition of excellence in doing day-to-day business has evolved. From environmental projects to quality of life programs that ensure Marine families are taken care of, Camp Lejeune stands out as a superior military base.
- In collaboration with the mental health staff, provide assessment, evaluation, consultation, examination, differential diagnosis and treatment planning for the following disorders defined by the Diagnostic and Statistical manual for Mental Disorders published by the American Psychiatric Association for patient populations between ages 17 and 65:
a) Uncomplicated Mood Disorders
b) Uncomplicated Anxiety Disorders
c) Uncomplicated Sleep Disorders
d) Uncomplicated Adjustment Disorders
e) Uncomplicated Personality Disorders
f) Uncomplicated Psychoactive substance use/addictive disorders
g) Management of stable Psychotic Disorders
h) Combat stress reaction
- Perform the following diagnostic and therapeutic procedures:
a) Clinical interviewing
b) Psychosocial history taking
c) Mental status examination
d) Physical examination including radiological and laboratory testing
e) Neurological examination
f) Multidisciplinary treatment planning
g) Medical management as related to primary mental health care
h) Major types of psychotherapy include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Individual therapy
- Behavioral therapy
- Stress Management
- Crisis intervention
- Group therapy
- Brief therapy
i) Community outreach
j) Consultation liaison
- Possess current certification as an Adult Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP).
- Be a graduate of a Masters of Nursing program accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Possess current unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in one of the fifty states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Possess current certification (in the specialty corresponding to the specialty required by the task order) as a Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) .
- Have minimum of 1 year of full-time experience within the last 3 years in a setting corresponding to the requirements of the task order.
- Possess and maintain a current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration number (certificate) to prescribe controlled substances
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Jacksonville , Physician / Nurse Practitioner / North Carolina / Permanent / NP - Psy, Healthcare , Jacksonville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!