Licensed Practical Nurse
Location: New Bern
Posted on: November 14, 2021
DescriptionSIGN ON BONUS $7,000 -JOB PURPOSE: - -Assists in
nursing care for the patients/residents, and monitors the
day-to-day nursing activities performed by assigned nursing
assistants; within the scope of the assigned Unit, timeframe/shift,
and assigned patient/resident care. - Such responsibilitiesshould
be performed in accordance with federal, state, and local
regulations governing our nursing center, and as such may be
directed by the Administrator, the Medical Director, the RN Charge
Nurse, and/or the Director of Health Services to provide the
appropriate care for our patients/residents. - - -KEY
- Provides care ensuring patient/resident safety
- Assists the Director of Health Services to coordinate the care
planning/MDS process and committee meetings as necessary.
- Participates in patient screening and selection process as
- Assists the Director of Health Services to monitor physician
services (documentation and visits etc.) in accordance with current
- Assists the Director of Health Services in follow-up on
consultant recommendations i.e.., pharmacy, dietary, etc.
- Provides demonstration as necessary for Nursing Assistants to
- Completes documentation procedures on patients/residents
(appropriate use of forms, timelines, and Medicare documentation
- Directs work of the CNA and ensure that it is carried out
timely and in accordance with the patient's established plan of
care and reports to the RN Supervisor.
- Makes recommendations on hiring decisions.
- Reviews "Keep 'Em" survey to determine what is important to the
newly hired CNA and review what the new CNA can expect from the
Nurse-In-charge based on Commitment survey and four My Innerview
- Reinforces expectations to the CNA outlined in the job
- Makes assignments to CNA within the assigned hall.
- Provides feedback on job performance of the CNA as relating to
the 90-day evaluation
- Delivers medications (setting up, rotating, charting, ordering,
giving to patient etc.)
- Orders, maintains and uses of stock drugs.
- Administration and documentation of insulin.
- Use and delivery of PRN medications.
- Use and delivery of topical treatment application (eye, ear,
- Use, delivery and documentation of narcotic medication.
- Receives drugs from pharmacy in accordance with established
- Application of sterile dressings.
- Delivers enemas ( S & S, and fleets)
- Insertion, irrigation and routine care of male/female
- Delivery of tube feedings (insertion, flushing, proper amounts
- Collection of lab specimens and interpreting results.
- IV implementation and administration.
- Seizure precautions and administration of IV medication during
- Admits, discharges and transfers patients/residents as
- Documentation and billing of supplies used.
- Sends patients/residents to the hospital as necessary.
- Provides information in support of corrective disciplinary
action up to and including recommendation for termination
- Participates in grievance procedure in collaboration with the
RN Charge Nurse.
- Responsible for ensuring "Tenet Time" is presented and
discussed with all partners prior to and following all shifts.
- Exercises appropriate judgement when necessary regarding the
behavior and job performance of the CNA according to established
policies and procedures, and report action taken to the RN
Supervisor. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -#JF! - -
-QualificationsMINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:Nursing Degree from an
accredited college or university, or is a graduate of an
accredited/approved LPN program. -MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:None
-MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW: - Current, active
and unrestricted Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) licensure in state
of practice. -ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred
qualifications)Previous nursing experience in a long term care
facility preferred. - Previous supervisory experience preferred. -
- -Job: NursingPrimary Location: North Carolina-New BernSchedule:
Full-timeShift: 3rd ShiftJob Posting: Nov 9, 2021, 11:08:20 AM
Keywords: PruittHealth, Jacksonville , Licensed Practical Nurse, Healthcare , New Bern, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!