Physician / Family Practice / North Carolina / Permanent / Family Nurs
Company: Kurz Solutions
Posted on: January 15, 2021
FNP - Family Nurse Practitioner
The "Youngest City in America with a booming economy...
Onslow County is Americas fastest-growing County over the past five
years, according to a federal agency that tracks economics.
Onslow's booming economy is fueled by Marines and sailors stationed
at Camp Lejeune and New River Air Station, according to a recent
report in the Charlotte Business Journal. The military, agriculture
and tourism are the top three economic areas for North Carolina,
which bodes well that they are also the top for Onslow County, she
said. And Jacksonville is just 30 minutes from Emerald Isle and 55
minutes from historic Wilmington, NC, both favorite coastal resort
destinations with pristine beaches and blue water.
CAMP LEJEUNE - Jacksonville, NC
Home of 180,000 active duty, dependent, retiree and civilian
employee population, Camp Lejeune boasts 156,000 acres of
state-of-the-art training facilities including 11 miles of beach
for amphibious operations, 32 gun positions, 48 tactical landing
zones and 80 life fire ranges. Some services available aboard Camp
Lejeune include: childcare, shopping, education, family support,
hunting and fishing, dining, boating and swimming. Some facilities
on base include banks and credit unions, the commissary, the
library, hobby shops, fitness centers, the beach, theaters and
From the supporting infrastructure, a tradition of excellence in
doing day-to-day business has evolved. From environmental programs
that include a state-of-the-art landfill and water treatment system
to quality of life programs that ensure Marine families are taken
care of, Camp Lejeune stands out as a superior military base.
- Knowledge of professional care theories, principles, practices,
disease process and procedures.
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in
patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and
complications of their use as well as the accurate administration
of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as
required. Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper
documentation of patients condition including disease progress,
acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
- Knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of
basic word processing, data entry and automated medical
- Skill in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized
medical equipment such as IV infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring
devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other unit
- Provide a full range of nurse practitioner services in
accordance with privileges granted by the Commanding Officer (e.g.,
supervise and provide general screening and medical care and
examinations of patients for routine, acute and chronic conditions
involving any and all organ systems; provide immunizations;
diagnose, treat, and counsel patients as indicated).
- Treat patients with common acute conditions, illnesses, or
minor trauma within accepted protocols, Nurse Practice Acts, and/or
in collaboration with a physician.
- Collaborate with the physician in the health care of patients
with chronic illnesses.
- Request consultation or referral with appropriate physicians,
clinics, or other health resources as indicated.
- Order diagnostic tests as applicable.
- Prescribe and dispense medications as delineated by the
Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
- Promote preventive and health maintenance care, including
annual physicals, positive health behaviors, and self-care skills
through education and counseling.
- Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates
the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to care, quality
and cost effectiveness
- Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in
accordance with all established policies, procedures, and
guidelines used in the medical treatment facility. Provides care
within ethical and legal boundaries.
- Assesses patients.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a
diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare
team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the
patient/family and organization. Effectively uses appropriate
communication format in addressing professional issues
- Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate
documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity in
accordance with requirements.
- Ability to recognize adverse signs and symptoms and react
quickly in emergency situations.
- Completes orientation and competency verification programs in
accordance with (IAW) unit guidelines.
- Participates in the orientation of newly assigned personnel, as
- Serves and participates in committees, functions and other
meetings as directed. Provides relevant and timely information to
these groups, and assists with decision-making and process
improvement. Participates in customer service initiatives, and
medical readiness activities, designed to enhance health
- Ensures a safe work environment, employee safe work habits and
patient safety IAW regulatory agencies, infection control policies,
and process improvement initiatives.QUALIFICATIONS
- Be a graduate of a Masters of Nursing program accredited by the
National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or the
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Possess current unrestricted license to practice as a
registered nurse in one of the fifty states, the District of
Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin
- Possess current certification (in the specialty corresponding
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Jacksonville , Physician / Family Practice / North Carolina / Permanent / Family Nurs, Healthcare , Jacksonville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!