Posted on: November 18, 2022
The primary purpose of the Assistant Store Manager is to Assist the
Store Manager in upholding the daily store operations of a retail
store ensuring maximum sales and profitability through
merchandising execution, managing expenses and inventory, training
and development of the store team, human resources management, and
outstanding customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for overall quality and performance of the retail
- Ensures compliance of all company policies and procedures.
- Models effective leadership to gain commitment to store goals
and training standards.
- Assist with the recruitment, selection and training and
development of store personnel.
- Assist, and provide feedback to Store Manager on annual
performance evaluations for all store employees.
- Assist with expense management and develops strategies that
position stores to perform in accordance with the budget.
- Assist Store Manager with Monitoring and identifying issues
relevant to the loss or inconsistencies in the Store to ensure
store achieves successful goals of shrink that are at or below
- Monitors and controls all aspects of operational compliance,
safety and business standards.
- Supports the training of all employees in suggested selling and
- Ensures company customer service standards are upheld so that
each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly
- Assists in the completion of accurate and regular merchandise
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- A standard work week not to exceed 40 hours.
- Flexible schedule required which includes but not limited to
the following: days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Requires a minimum of one (1) year in retail management.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires a solid knowledge of business and an excellent
command of the English language to effectively communicate with
management, associates and customers.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle
sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually
requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must demonstrate an ability to think strategically, plan and
- Must be able to maintain an exemplary degree of professionalism
in all situations.
- Requires a proficient analytical ability to gather and
summarize data for reports, find solutions to various
administrative problems, and prioritize work.
- Results driven with demonstrated critical and creative thinking
skills. Project management, time management, analytical and
superior organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion, confidentiality,
and independent judgment with the ability to use compassion and
- Proven ability to plan, organize, multi-task, set priorities
effectively and efficiently to proactively respond to changing
demands, from multiple sources.
- The ability to execute directives with precision and
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products is
- Willing to work in multiple stores in the assigned
- Individuals must be able to stand for extended periods of time;
lift, carry, push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work extended hours during critical project phases; and
able to work in a fast pace, dynamic environment with
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be willing to travel via car, plane or train.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this
position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so
DTLR, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination
and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or
Keywords: DTLR, Jacksonville , Assistant Manager-Retail, Executive , Jacksonville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!