Director of Operations (RN
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Director of Operations (RN) in Beaufort, South Carolina -
Careers at Beaufort Branch Skip to Main Content Please Enable
Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to
experience all the personalized features of this site, including
the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Returning Candidate?
Log back in! Director of Operations (RN) Job Locations
US-SC-Beaufort Posted Date 2 days ago (3/30/2021 8:47 PM) ID
2021-2017 # of Openings 1 Category Clinical Management Overview
Want to--make a difference with--an organization whose purpose
driven mission is to provide superior compassionate care? This may
be the place for you! When you profoundly impact someone's life for
the better, it's hard to call it a job. We see it as a calling! You
are about to be part of something bigger. Here, you'll find a
career that means something, an inspiring work environment, the
opportunity to use your skills to make a real difference and a
sense of accomplishment not easily replicated elsewhere. You'll be
part of the Agape Care family who is improving the quality of life
for those facing advanced illness by delivering a level of care
that is second to none! We are a--community based hospice with
local staff serving the local community in--South Carolina and
named a four time winner of--"Best Place to Work in Healthcare!"
Responsibilities The Director of Operations is responsible for
overall fiscal and clinical performance of their assigned
branch--location(s). Plans, directs, coordinates, and evaluates the
daily operations to ensure adherence to the federal and--state
regulations, organizational policies and procedures and established
goals/budgets. The Director of--Operations supports growth by
active involvement in sales and marketing activities. Responsible
for assigned--branch financial success. The Director of Operations
may act as back up for the Administrator during temporary--absences
and/or vacancies as assigned.
- Interacts with employees, peers, the Administrative Clinical
department, Corporate and Executive staff in a manner conducive to
continued positive relationships. Displays patience, courtesy and
- Demonstrates flexibility, enthusiasm and willingness to
cooperate while working with others or in place of others as
- Fosters positive morale among staff, by promotion of open
communication with all departments, to help create and maintain an
innovative and cooperative staff relationship and environment.
Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Attends and participates at Agency organized functions which
relate to community and public awareness.
- Interacts with varied human behavior and responses, maintaining
control while providing direction during stressful situations.
- Develops strategic plan for certified home care and reports
analysis of quarterly findings to CHHO.
- Provides oversight for the development, implementation, and
evaluation of policies, procedures, clinical protocols, forms,
quality improvement monitors, service programs, and other
components of program infrastructure every year and as needed.
- Directs all aspects of operations and care delivery in
accordance with the mission and values of the agency, legal and
regulatory requirements, payer and accreditation standards,
customer expectations and agency policy.
- Supervises and provides direction to agency personnel in an
effort to ensure quality and continuity of services.
- Utilizes principles of personnel management, legal
considerations and fair employee practices.
- Coaches and directs staff based on finding from formal and/or
informal needs assessment.
- Employs progressive discipline per policy balanced with
- Conducts performance appraisals, accurately and as per policy.
Ensures all documentation is accurate, complete, and timely and
adheres to Medicare guidelines.
- Systematically plans to produce outcomes. Plans projects
thoroughly and systematically, to yield results of practical
- Assures correct forms and equipment is in use or correct
working order at all times.
- Maintains adequate staffing levels at all branch locations to
meet patient needs.
- Assures compliance with requirements of state for Medicare
certification through policy and procedure development, staff
education and mentoring activities.
- Assures safety and office compliance of fire, OSHA, MSDS needs
as per policy.
- Assures all agency policies and procedures are adhered to by
staff at all branch locations.
- Assures all QA recommendations are followed in branch locations
for improvement of patient care or operational needs.
- Acts as a liaison between the agency and other subsidiaries.
Provides written and verbal communication within the organization.
Responds to and resolves internal customer concerns. Seeks
opportunities to collaborate with other subsidiaries in providing a
seamless continuum of care to clients of the system.
- Meets with field & office staff on a regular basis to provide
guidance and information related to specific issues.
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and
- Continues professional growth through participation on director
committees, professional in-services and through individual
research and reading.
- Written and verbal communication is expressed clearly and in a
- Prepares for and attends scheduled meetings, in-services,
workshops, etc., and demonstrates personal responsibility with
regard to attendance.
- Makes recommendations for improvement of policies and
procedures, goals, philosophies and agency operations.
- Demonstrates personal responsibility with regard to
discretionary and confidential material.
- Promotes compliance with all fiscal intermediary and/or other
third party payers, through education, coaching, and other
assistance as necessary.
- Maintains current knowledge of, and promotes compliance with
all federal, state and local regulations.
- Assists in the agency annual evaluation as required by State
- Keeps fully cognizant of current Medicare, Medicaid, and
third-party reimbursement regulations and changes and ensures
- Monitors systems and identifies problem areas to the Clinical
Corporate Operations through verbal and written reports.
- Assures clinically compliant field staff perform approved
skills as outlined by policy manual.
- Assures charts, equipment, physical building and all contents
of the agency in the branch location are safe, in good working
order and clean at all times.
- Identifies and submits to supervisor and the Governing Board,
ideas and innovative suggestions for improving overall Agency
operations and meeting goals and objectives for enhancing quality
health care services.
- Reviews evaluation studies to determine continuity and
effectiveness of care, community relations and image, patient
satisfaction, need for additional services or methods to increase
- Directs, supervises and coordinates operations and functions.
Assumes responsibility for overall financial management and
delivery of comprehensive patient care services.
- Assumes responsibility in development, implementation and
evaluation of budget and plans for productivity and cost
- Analyzes available reimbursable data, identifies trends, and
initiates appropriate plans of action.
- Communicates information to staff with regard to available
support services, resources, agency policies and procedures and
- Is available and accessible to staff at all times or has a
designated, qualified person in charge.
- Investigates complaints and problems and ensures problem
resolution and correction of deficiencies and reports to Regional
- Ensures scheduling and assignments are appropriate based on
patient needs, staff expertise, geographical location; ensures
workload is fairly and appropriately distributed.
- Assures all branch libraries have current teaching materials as
delegated by corporate.
- Assures all branch locations maintain current policy and
procedure manuals as delineated by corporate direction.
- Maintains and solves patient and staff complaints in accordance
with agency Policy & Procedures.
- Responsible for the appearance and a safe environment for
co-workers as well as personal safety.
- Promotes the Agency philosophy, mission statement--and
administrative policies to ensure quality of care.
- May act as back up for the Administrator during temporary
Administrator absences and/or vacancies as assigned.
- Maintains patient & staff privacy and confidentiality at all
times pursuant to the HIPAA Privacy Final Rule.
- Provides positive, supportive communication to physicians,
patients, families, visitors, and other agency personnel.
- Maintains availability by phone as directed by company
- Promotes Agency image by adhering to the dress code.
- Reports to work as scheduled.
- Meets minimum productivity requirements based on agency
- Abides by company policy and procedures as outlined by company
- Performs other duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Qualifications EDUCATION:--Graduate of an accredited University
required, BSN or MSN preferred-- LICENSURE:--Current license as a
registered nurse preferred.-- EXPERIENCE:--Minimum 3 years of
health care management and 2 years of hospice--experience required.
SKILLS:--Requires demonstrated interpersonal, supervisory, and
management skills--with ability to communicate effectively.
Demonstrates proven decision--making and financial management
skills. Exhibits working knowledge of--regulations and
reimbursement in home health care as well as proven--leadership
abilities. TRANSPORTATION:--Reliable transportation. Health
Status:--Meets all applicable agency policies and procedures
related to health screening and required testing. PHYSICAL AND
1. Complete required work on a daily basis.
2. Cope with work involving ill, disabled, and dying patients.
3. Sit, stand, bend, lift, and move intermittently. Must be able to
lift at least 25lbs.
4. Move equipment and supplies necessary for job functions.
5. Read in a 12 point or larger type, speak and write English in
order to fulfill job functions in an-- understandable way.
6. See/hear or use prosthetics that enable accomplishment of
7. Meet the health requirements of the agency.
8. The position will require direct patient care; thus, the risk of
contact with blood or other potentially-- infectious materials is
moderate (Category I). Employees with this risk are encouraged to
be-- inoculated with the HBV vaccine to prevent exposure to
Hepatitis B. Universal Precautions,-- including use of PPE provided
by the organization, ust be adhered with every patient contact.
9. Move, support and/or transfer patients as required to perform
essential functions of position. Options Bid on this Job Apply
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Jacksonville , Director of Operations (RN, Executive , Beaufort, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!