TEACHER - MUSIC
Company: Craven County School District
Location: New Bern
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Craven County Schools
Reports to: Principal
Terms of Employment: 10 months
Pay Grade: Beginning $35,000 Annually plus Local Supplement
Pay Range: $35,000 - $58,240 annually
FLSA Status: Exempt
Nature of Work
Under general supervision, teaches one or more classes to students
in grades to students in the area for which a NC teaching license
is held. The employee is required to plan, organize and present
instruction and instructional environments that help students learn
subject matter and skills that will contribute to their educational
and social development. The employee also assists in other school
programs as assigned, and creates a flexible program and
environment favorable to learning and personal growth in accordance
with each student's ability.
Education and Experience
Minimum of Bachelor's degree from regionally accredited
Certification and Licensure Requirements (if applicable):
Must hold or be qualified to hold a North Carolina Professional
Essential Functions/Typical Tasks
- Teaches North Carolina Standard Course of Study/ Common Core
and Essential Standards for assigned grade.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and presenting
instruction and instructional environments which help students
learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their
educational and social development.
- Conducts lessons or instructional activities as a brisk pace,
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior required
to provide an orderly and productive classroom environment.
- Instructs students in proper care and use of materials and
equipment storage areas and controls use of materials and equipment
to prevent loss or abuse.
- Evaluate s each student's performance and growth in knowledge
and understanding, and prepares progress reports.
- Selects and requisitions instructional materials, books,
equipment, etc., and maintains inventory records.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education
activities provided by the district and/or in self-selected
professional learning activities.
- Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator
to develop the method by which she/he will be evaluated in
conformance with district guidelines.
- Speaks fluently and precisely and presents lessons or
instructional activities using concepts and language understandable
to the students.
- Communicates with parents and school counselors on student
- Cooperates in school-wide supervision of students during
- Participates in faculty and/or District committees and the
sponsorship of student activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Solid understanding of research best practices.
- Understanding the growth and development of students to which
he/she is assigned.
- Knowledge of students ' growth, development, and learning.
- Skilled in assessment and using its data for teaching and
- Ability to meet the needs of all learners.
- Ability to motivate students.
- Ability to maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Ability to perform general clerical duties.
- Ability to maintain order and discipline in a classroom
- Ability to operate common office machines and technology.
- Ability to develop and compile records and reports.
- Ability to maintain basic files and records.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written
- Requires the ability to speak effectively in order to exchange
- Ability to receive and perform instructions, assignments and
directions from supervisors.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships as necessitates by work assignments.
- Requires the ability to deal with people beyond giving and
- Must be adaptable to performing under stress and when
confronted with emergency situations.
- Ability to exercise considerable tact and courtesy in frequent
contact with the public.
- Requires the ability to record and deliver information, to
explain procedures, to follow oral and written instructions.
- Experience with Professional Learning Communities (PLCs).
- Experience with the use of technology in the delivery of
instruction to students.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The
employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to
finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with
hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to exert a
negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects. The employee must regularly
lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and
the ability to adjust focus. Employees in this job must be
energetic and flexible and possess the visual acuity to prepare
data, work with records processes, and do extensive reading and
research. Due to amount of time spent standing and/or walking,
physical requirements are consistent with those for Light work.
*In compliance with Federal Law, Craven County Schools administers
all education programs, employment activities and admissions
without discrimination against any person on the basis of sex,
race, color, religion, national origin, age or disability.
Keywords: Craven County School District, Jacksonville , TEACHER - MUSIC, Education / Teaching , New Bern, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!