Office Support II
Company: Onslow County Public Schools
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Open Until Filled
Office Support II
Open Until Filled
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to quickly acquire knowledge of North Carolina Public
School Laws related to transportation
- Ability to learn, interpret, and explain policies, regulations
- Ability to resolve problem situations in high demand
- Must possess good time management and organizational
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with
school staff and public
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively
- Considerable knowledge of office practices and procedures
- Knowledge of computer systems and spreadsheet software
- Ability to exercise good judgment
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Current valid NC Commercial Driver's License with P and S
endorsements preferred; if not held, must obtain within six months
- High school diploma and 2-5 years related clerical
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 12 months
SALARY: Salary Grade 57
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Within the geographical or program area(s) assigned by the
- Provides technical and administrative support for
- Updates TIMS transportation and student data, generating
reports, and making effective use of TIMS.
- Coordinates creation of bus stops, runs and routes. Coordinates
verification of bus run directions for optimal safety and
efficiency. Coordinates assignment of students to the nearest bus
- Evaluates performance analysis including: determining length of
student ride time; determining percentages of checkpoint/deadhead
times and mileages; and determining distance between stops.
- Compile data and prepare reports as required by DPI for funding
- Prepare maps and reports as needed and certified in maps by
- Correspond with Transportation coordinators about route changes
- Edit and maintain Geocode module of TIMS, gather and evaluate
information pertaining to streets and addresses for entry into TIMS
Geocode module and edit Geocode.
- Communicate with county GIS office and D.O.T. regarding all
road and subdivision updates.
- Edit and maintain Boundary Module of TIMS and certified by
- Assist Auxiliary Services as requested with attendance boundary
- Update and maintain student module of TIMS.
- Exchange data and reports with schools, transportation
coordinators, bus drivers and students.
- Edit and maintain transportation data in TIMS.
- Maintain the integrity of the TIMS programs through System
- Daily editing of student module, student entries and
- Provide for a daily exchange of information with Transportation
- Perform field audits of student assignments, bus runs and bus
- Coordinates the preparation of bus route information for
dissemination to schools and public.
- Drive bus routes as needed.
- All other duties as may be assigned by supervisors.
- Must be able to stand, sit, or walk for prolonged periods of
- Ability to reach with hands and arms routinely.
- Ability to bend, stoop, carry, push, or pull.
- Ability to carry furniture such as tables and chairs, supplies
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds routinely and 30 pounds
- Must be able to visually and orally communicate with staff and
- Must be able to drive to variety of school sites.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees to this job.
Onslow County Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and
Keywords: Onslow County Public Schools, Jacksonville , Office Support II, Administration, Clerical , Jacksonville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...