DIRECTOR OF FINANCE - CONTROLLER - ONSLOW MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Company: UNC Health Care
Posted on: February 8, 2020
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE - CONTROLLER - ONSLOW MEMORIAL HOSPITALJob
ID: FIN003NIBecome part of an inclusive organization with over
30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health
and well-being of the unique communities we serve.Job
DescriptionThe Controller will assist the CFO as directed by
providing planning, direction and coordination of the financial and
accounting affairs of the Hospital in accordance with generally
accepted accounting practices and Hospital policies. The Controller
must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential
functions of the job as outlined below.
- Directs and coordinates the work of the specialized
departmental units involved in accounting functions such as
payroll, accounts payable, and financial reporting.
- Monitors actual departmental operating expenses to assure
compliance with budgetary limitations.
- Develops, installs and modifies financial systems and
- Interprets financial accounting policies for staff and other
- Prepares and negotiates the indirect cost proposal with the
- Handles all relations with state, federal and other external
- Completes special projects and assignments as directed by the
Chief Financial Officer
- Direct and coordinate Hospital financial operations, to include
accounting, financial systems, insurance, internal controls and
- Assist in formulating and administering approved general
accounting practices for the hospital; analyze and interpret data
and develop reports to executive management reflecting internal
economic conditions and trends.
- Coordinate the establishment of major schedules, task
assignments and allocation of staff and equipment to ensure
compliance with specified objectives, policies and deadlines
through accountable management personnel.
- Direct and control comprehensive budget preparations and cost
data; develop clear and informative methods and media to present
financial data, special projects and studies of a financial
- Plan and conduct meetings with subordinates to ensure
compliance with established practices, to implement new policies
and to keep employees aware of changes and current standards.
- The Controller will be proficient with the equipment to perform
duties that include personal computers, e-mail, internet,
projectors, fax machines, copiers and laser jet printers.
- Direct the compilation of data and preparation of periodic
financial and operating reports for the authority and special
departments of the Hospital
- Extract, evaluate, analyze, and disseminate various financial
information as an aid to administrative planning.
- Monitor cash position on a daily basis, invest excess funds, or
arrange for financing as required.
- Supervise and participate in preparation of working papers for
independent auditors; coordinate all aspects of the audits,
ensuring timeliness and efficiency; and prepare audited financial
statements, including related disclosuresQualificationsEducation:
B.S. Degree in Business Management, Accounting, Commerce or
equivalency Masters degree in Business Administration, Health
Administration, Finance or a related field may be substituted for
two years experience.Experience: Minimum of 10 years of progressive
experience in financial and accounting positions, preferably in a
hospital setting. Minimum of 4 years supervisory
experience.Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations: CPA
DesiredPrimary Location: Jacksonville, North Carolina, United
StatesDepartment: 1000-71570-Onslow Memorial HospitalShift: Day
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Jacksonville , DIRECTOR OF FINANCE - CONTROLLER - ONSLOW MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, Accounting, Auditing , Jacksonville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!